Upon pulling the card out of the box, there isn't anything that we haven't seen before as far as the overall shape goes. While the card may be overclocked, it still uses the same default cooler that is present on most GTX 285 cards at the moment.
Where it does differ, though, is with the sticker of choice. We again see our warrior that we saw on the front of the box with the ASUS logo seen at the bottom corner and the fan. It does tend to take a while for companies to mix it up as far as cooler designs go and some don't even bother.
Looking around the card, we see our two 6-pin PCI-E connectors at the back of the card, while next to that we see another smaller connector; this uses the S/PDIF loopback-cable which helps get sound through the HDMI dongle.
Closer to the front of the card we have our two SLI connectors which give us the ability to use up to three of these bad boys. As one of our recent articles showed, to date the GTX 285 in a Tri-SLI configuration is the fastest setup available.
Following the reference design as far as the PCB goes, there isn't any surprises with two Dual-Link DVI connectors present and our standard TV-Out port. The top of the card also has a number of vents which let the hot air escape out the back of your case.
As the card carries with it the TOP naming, it is of course overclocked out of the box. Compared to the stock model we've got some pretty good clocks on our hand; the core has been bumped up from 648MHz to 670MHz, the memory from 2284MHz DDR to 2600MHz DDR and the shader clock from 1476MHz to 1550MHz.
At the moment, though, these are just numbers. What we need to find out is how this translates into real world performance. Let's get onto the next page and see exactly what we have going on here.
Last updated: Apr 7, 2020 at 12:27 pm CDT
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.co.uk
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com.au
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.ca
Deutschland: Finde andere Technik- und Computerprodukte wie dieses auf Amazon.de
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Package]
- Page 3 [The Card]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup and 3DMark Vantage]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - PT Boats: Knights of the Sea]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - CINEBENCH R10]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - World in Conflict]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Crysis Warhead]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - Clear Sky]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Left 4 Dead]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - World in Conflict - XP]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2 - XP]
- Page 15 [Benchmarks - S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - Clear Sky - XP]
- Page 16 [Temperature and Sound Tests]
- Page 17 [Power Consumption Tests]
- Page 18 [Final Thoughts]