Inside the Box - Continued
Due to the cross platform GPU support, DFI has given a plethora of crossover cables. First off, there is a single PCB SLI link cable that is used to run standard SLI operations such as connecting two GTX260's or Quad SLI when using cards like two 9800GX2's. Next is a 3-way SLI PCB bracket to connect any NVIDIA series of cards that are capable of 3-way SLI such as three GTX285's. As for the rest, there is a ribbon Crossfire cable to allow you to run ATI graphics cards in tandem.
DFI has come up with a new cooling system to help reduce the internal temps of your case. This cooler is attached to the internal heatpipe at the rear I/O shield which has a hole in it to allow the pipe to pass through into the case. This heatsink then sits outside near the standard exhaust fans and uses the air exiting the case to help cool the heatpipe down. In our tests with it installed it did help compared to not having it installed, but it couldn't beat MSI's results.
DFI has gone down the same road as ASUS and MSI in regards to the choice of audio for the UT X58-T3eH8; this by moving the audio to an external module. However, DFI has opted for the Bernstein audio module which is based off Realtek's ALC889 HD solution and unlike ASUS, the codec is still on the board itself. DFI has only moved the jacks to an external audio board.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- AMD's next-gen 'Super Secret' Navi GPU teased
- Fallout developers won't use micro-transactions in new game
- Self-driving cars expected to create a $7 trillion industry
- Extinction will be micro-transaction free
- Google upgrade their trade-in program to cardboard boxes
- IN WIN AURORA Addressable RGB PWM Case Fan Review
- IN WIN POLARIS Silent RGB PWM Case Fan Review
- IN WIN 101 Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- old version of bios for asrock z77 extreme 3
- SAPPHIRE Radeon RX Vega 64 NITRO Review: 3 x 8-pin PCIe?!
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series