Specifications and Technical Overview
"Wide band speakers give well-balanced, homogeneous sound output for mids and treble" - Hercules
"Vented wooden subwoofer for an intense bass response" - Hercules
These are slender speakers with a quality black glossy finish, orange driver cones and an orange backlit volume knob. The feet are removable for flexible positioning, whether wall mounted or free standing.
Satellite: 7.8" High x 2.3" Length x 2.1" Width.
Subwoofer: 8.6" High x 6" Length x 8.6" Width.
- 32 Watts RMS (8 watts per satellite and a 16 Watt subwoofer)
- 2x8w RMS satellites (@1KHz/10% THD)
- 16w RMS subwoofer (@100Hz/10% THD)
- Frequency response: 40Hz-20,000Hz
Complete controls and connections:
- Bass control and an on/off button (on the back of the subwoofer).
- Volume control, headphone jack and a line in connector, allowing users to connect an MP3 player directly to the right satellite speaker.
2 magnetically shielded satellites
One wooden subwoofer
Connection cable to your audio source
220-240V power cable
Warranty certificate and paper User Manual
The first thing to note here is that the system is quite small and will not take up a lot of space, regardless of where it is put. With slim-line speaker designs and the option to wall mount the satellites, I cannot foresee any problems in setting these up. The subwoofer unit is also quite small in size and will not pose any problems when it comes to finding a home for it.
When it comes to power, the satellites each get 8w RMS and the subwoofer gets 16w RMS. This might not sound like a lot of power, but other factors like speaker sensitivity also come into play. Total harmonic distortion or THD as I mentioned in my Xonar Essence review is the signal relative to the amount of interference it experiences at a given frequency. For this system it's given at 10%, which is not fantastic. However, this is not the end of the world as there are still many other important factors involved in how they sound.
Frequency response is given at 40Hz to 20,000, which is optimistic at both ends of the scale; achieving 20K at the top end without a tweeter is not easy and asking a 5" woofer to go down to 40Hz comfortably is very difficult.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Valve kills Steam Link hardware production
- Kingdom Hearts III is finished
- New No Man's Sky Visions updated leaked
- Telltale's The Walking Dead climbs out of its grave
- New digital-only Xbox reveal likely for E3 2019
- Silicon Power Bolt B80 Portable SSD Review - Subtle Style
- NeueChair Review: Redefining The Modern Office Chair
- Crucial P1 500GB NVMe SSD - $100 NVMe
- Narrow bezel on a metallic chassis MSI PS42 14 Thin & Light Laptop Review
- Z390 Taichi Onboard LED issue
- 'Koala Stoner Noir' Free Demo Released Today. Full Game Updated With New Map Location And Cinema Experience
- TRENDnet launches long-range PoE+ switches
- ADATA Launches Ultimate SU630 3D QLC NAND SSD
- Razer announces the BlackWidow Lite
- ASUS ROG Announces ROG Strix Radeon RX 590 Graphics Card