Accessories and Documentation
Spire sends the TherMax Pro with a large assortment of goodies. Let's start at the top. They supply a new LGA1366 back plate and a Blue Star, UV, 90mm fan. Moving down, they use the wire fan retaining clips to keep the fan mounted to the cooler. There are four pins that insert in the LGA775 bracket to lock the mounting bracket in place.
As far as the supplied wiring and electronics, Spire sends a fan controller with not only an adapter to wire the controller to the fan, but a 4-pin to 2-pin power adapter as well. On the very right inside of the fan clip is the supplied screws that are for assembling the LGA1366 mount and a hex-head screw for the fan controller. Lastly, Spire has sent a 0.5g tube of Stars-700 silver grease as their TIM of choice.
These are the two mounting adapters that Spire sends with the TherMax Pro. The one to the left is the LGA1366 mount with the four screws in place holding the back plate in place. This obviously makes the mount on the right for LGA775, which uses a simple solution to a push-pin install. Both brackets are flanked with two locking tabs on the outer ring. This is where the clips on the TherMax Pro lock onto.
This is a close up of the already installed anti-vibration pads that come on the fan. They are made of a soft rubber and can be removed and replaced if needed, simply by pulling them through the screw hole.
Here is a look at the underside of the LGA775 mount. The clear plastic part snaps into the motherboard with a click. Then once all four are into the board, the top has a hole to receive the pin which spreads the locks and keeps it in place. Removal was simple, it just took a pair of needle nosed pliers to persuade the locks into letting go.
There were no instructions with this sample, but I was told it was due to the need for them to be rewritten to include instructions on the LGA1366 mounting. To be completely honest, there is no need for them; I found the installation to be very easy and self explanatory.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [The Spire TherMax Pro]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Samsung's next-gen foldable smartphone to launch early 2019
- Microsoft teases 'all-new Xbox hardware' at Gamescom 2018
- TSMC expecting Q4 2018 growth from next-gen GPUs from NVIDIA
- Borderlands 3 may still be a ways off
- Intel Core i9-9900K rumor: 8C/16T at a huge 5.5GHz on Aug 1
- Asrock a320m dgs eveything stuttering even cs go drops 15-20 fps
- Biostar X470GTN Gaming (AMD X470) Motherboard Review
- Asrock X399 + Watercooling help needed please
- HyperX Pulsefire Surge RGB Gaming Mouse Review
- ASRock Phantom Gaming Radeon RX 550 - can it run silent?
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit