Accessories and Documentation
Spire sends the TherMax Pro with a large assortment of goodies. Let's start at the top. They supply a new LGA1366 back plate and a Blue Star, UV, 90mm fan. Moving down, they use the wire fan retaining clips to keep the fan mounted to the cooler. There are four pins that insert in the LGA775 bracket to lock the mounting bracket in place.
As far as the supplied wiring and electronics, Spire sends a fan controller with not only an adapter to wire the controller to the fan, but a 4-pin to 2-pin power adapter as well. On the very right inside of the fan clip is the supplied screws that are for assembling the LGA1366 mount and a hex-head screw for the fan controller. Lastly, Spire has sent a 0.5g tube of Stars-700 silver grease as their TIM of choice.
These are the two mounting adapters that Spire sends with the TherMax Pro. The one to the left is the LGA1366 mount with the four screws in place holding the back plate in place. This obviously makes the mount on the right for LGA775, which uses a simple solution to a push-pin install. Both brackets are flanked with two locking tabs on the outer ring. This is where the clips on the TherMax Pro lock onto.
This is a close up of the already installed anti-vibration pads that come on the fan. They are made of a soft rubber and can be removed and replaced if needed, simply by pulling them through the screw hole.
Here is a look at the underside of the LGA775 mount. The clear plastic part snaps into the motherboard with a click. Then once all four are into the board, the top has a hole to receive the pin which spreads the locks and keeps it in place. Removal was simple, it just took a pair of needle nosed pliers to persuade the locks into letting go.
There were no instructions with this sample, but I was told it was due to the need for them to be rewritten to include instructions on the LGA1366 mounting. To be completely honest, there is no need for them; I found the installation to be very easy and self explanatory.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [The Spire TherMax Pro]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Apex Legends mods have banned over 16,000 cheaters so far
- Overwatch Monopoly, action figures are on their way
- Samsung bows out of the Blu-ray player market in the US
- NVIDIA's gaming division bleeds out, revenues down 45%
- AMD rumored to launch 7nm Navi GPUs on 7/7
- Z77X-UD5H Bios Issue When Setting CPU Multiplier Above 44
- Resident Evil 2 Remake Review: Fright Night
- HELP !!!! ASROCK Z77 PRO3 "NON-K OC MENU" disappeared :-(
- GeIL Super Luce RGB Sync DDR4-3200 16GB Memory Kit Review
- ASRock Multi-Gigabit Performance: 10GbE/5GbE/2.5G Networking
- BundleFest is coming - Get ready for the biggest bundle event of the year
- Team NINJA Announces DEAD OR ALIVE 6 Deluxe Demo, World Championship, and SNK Collaboration
- Bandai Namco Entertainment America Inc. Launches Jump Force; The Ultimate Manga Crossover Extravaganza
- The Escape Room Puzzle Game Themed On The Seven Deadly Sins Will Hit Steam On Feb 28th
- [01Studio] Indie MMORPG - Citywars Savage