1 in 500; take a look at it for a moment. Few concepts are able to draw such an emotional response like exclusivity. In our mass produced, stamped steel world, many go to extremes to show their individualism with custom cars, boats, bikes and I am pretty sure that on more than one occasion a few unique mods have made their way to the TweakTown News section as well. There is a fine line between truly unique and unique to you. Not to belittle those that put their blood, sweat and tears into modding mass produced products, but owning a true limited edition from the factory can have a huge impact on the ego.
The Cooler Master Black Label is not the company's first product or group of products to come in limited numbers. Many of the CSX cases were produced in batches as small as 25 units and each was labeled with an identification number such as Number 15 of 25. The Cooler Master Medusa that currently houses my personal gaming system is 1 of 300. Still, the Medusa is just one of many from the CSX line, so the feeling of having a real limited product is somewhat diluted. The Black Label, at least for now does not share this stigma and currently there is only one product in what may become a Black Label product line. But for now at least, the feeling of owning one puts me on top of the world.
Ego aside, the chances of actually owning a Cooler Master Black Label is in the un-obtainable category. Once you factor in the three reviewers that received one, Owen from Benchmark Reviews, Shane McGlaun of I4U.com (who is also our new Note/Netbook Reviewer here at TweakTown) along with myself, that only leaves 497 available for the rest of the world. I expect to see a few Black Label systems handed out to a few of their closest partners; mainly system builders. The rest of the units will trickle down, but with a vast network of distributors, retailers and e-tails that have employees taking small bites out of the supply, I honestly expect less than 300 will be for sale on the open market. At the time of writing I have yet to actually see a Black Label listed for sale at any retail or e-tail location.
The good news is that a few are out there, somewhere. In the exclusive Black Label Forum a couple of lucky individuals have proclaimed their personal stories of purchasing a unit. At this time no one has mentioned the possibility of purchasing two or for that matter seen two together.
Of course, actually purchasing two would be difficult for even the most enthusiastic collector. One member in the Black Label forum claims to have paid 500 Pounds for his unit. The Black Label is supposed to have an MSRP of 600 USD here in The States. Let's move on and have a look to see what is all included for your hard earned 600 Dollars, providing you can actually get one.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Ocarina of Time Online brings co-op to Hyrule
- Nintendo could be considering making their own gaming phone
- New Minecraft update adds crossbows, shields, cats and more
- Call of Duty Mobile is Modern Warfare & Black Ops combined
- Castle Crashers smashes its way onto PS4 and Nintendo Switch
- Asus RT-N16 - Can´t get wifi to work
- ASUS RT-AX88U Wi-Fi 6 Router Review
- MSI GeForce GTX 1660 GAMING X & VENTUS XS Review
- Halloween 4K Blu-ray Review
- GA-Z68X-UD5-B3 (VT-D Support)
- Killing Floor: Double Feature Coming May 21, 2019 to PlayStation Store and Game Retailers Near You
- Critically acclaimed retro platformer The Messenger hits PlayStation 4 today
- OMG Zombies! to invade Nintendo Switch on the 26th March!
- LEGO DC Super-Villains Releases Batman: The Animated Series Level Pack
- Super Crome: Bullet Purgatory Enters the Steam Early Access Atmosphere Today