The GTX 295 is certainly an impressive card and really has made 2560 x 1600 a feasible resolution for gamers with a fat wallet. We can see for the most part that the card is able to trounce the HD 4870 X2, but not in the way where one card offers 15 FPS minimum and the other 23 FPS; the GTX 295 is now the difference of enjoying games at 2560 x 1600 and not.
What we see is the HD 4870 X2 just missing that 30 FPS minimum bar we have set, while the GTX 295 on the other hand is able to pass it and keep on going. It clearly is well deserved of the performance crown which has now been handed over from the HD 4870 X2. As we mentioned, though, there wasn't a doubt in our mind that the card would outperform the HD 4870 X2, if not for the fact that NVIDIA wanted to, but more so for the fact it needed too.
Talking a bit more on the particular card we have on our hands today, Gainward hasn't done a whole lot with it. With that said, though, it's not uncommon come launch day as we're sure the Gainward developers are locked up finding that perfect overclock for a Golden Sample version of the card.
Sure, at the moment the package is slim and the design is standard, but ultimately the performance of the card is what's important to so many of us. And in that department it simply owns!
It's going to be a tough fight for ATI now; the HD 4870 X2 can't match this performance with driver updates which means that they have to be hard at work making a card that can outperform it. Will it? Can they? - Only time will tell and we look forward to seeing what they bring to the table.
With everything said and done, there isn't much else to say. Should you buy one? Well the answer is simple, if you love high res gaming and you can afford it, HELL YEAH!
Now, keep an eye out for more articles regarding the GTX 295 which cover our favorite hobby, overclocking and we'll also see what happens when we put two of those bad boys together.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Package]
- Page 3 [The Card]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup and 3DMark Vantage]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - PT Boats: Knights of the Sea]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - CINEBENCH R10]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - World in Conflict]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Crysis Warhead]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - Clear Sky]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Left 4 Dead]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - World in Conflict - XP]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2 - XP]
- Page 15 [Benchmarks - S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - Clear Sky - XP]
- Page 16 [Temperature and Sound Tests]
- Page 17 [Power Consumption Tests]
- Page 18 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Overwatch two-year anniversary skins and patch notes reveal
- Human Head Studios release Rune: Ragarok gameplay video
- Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle: Donkey Kong Adventure unveil
- Hi-Rez Studios fires art contractor for copied Overwatch art
- Unreal is free for 2 days to celebrate its 20th anniversary
- Buy 5 Pieces Samsung Galaxy S9 (www.BizFests.com) 64GB $1,595
- Buy 5 Pieces Samsung Galaxy S9 64GB SM-G960UZKAXAA $1,595
- X58a-ud5 rev 1.0 Bios with VT-d support
- HyperX FURY DDR4-3466 16GB Dual-Channel Memory Kit Review
- If I use the M2_1 slot in the x470 Taichi Ultimate ,will it take away PCIE lanes from the GPU?
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit