There's no denying that in the synthetic world we see some serious performance from the G.Skill modules. But this is the same with all memory when we really start to pump up the MHz. When you get into the real world, though, checking out an intensive game like Far Cry 2 shows that the extra speed does very little for performance.
With that said, the G.Skill kit we have here today is very fast and also managed to overclock to a very impressive speed of over 1700MHz with only a little bit of time. If you really put some time into the modules we don't doubt for a second you will be able to see even more speed.
The G.Skill kit is actually one of the fastest kits to date we've tested and we don't doubt for a second that if you're looking for not only a 6GB kit that looks killer, but can perform as well, then the PI Black G.Skill DDR3 PC 12800 CL8 6GB kit is for you.
Overall we've got a great 6GB kit of memory here that isn't going to break the bank as much as some of the lower latency stuff on offer. The kit is a good all rounder that offers looks, performance and price.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Package and Modules]
- Page 3 [Overclocking]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup and wPrime]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Everest Ultimate Edition]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - SiSoft Sandra]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Sciencemark]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Amnesia dev Chinese Room has 'gone dark'
- Run, don't walk for our 'Walking Dead' Blu-ray giveaway!
- Microsoft, Facebook complete 160Tbps undersea cable
- Apple won't let you download 4K, only stream on Apple TV
- Sony isn't 'entirely comfortable' being VR market leader
- Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 4K Blu-ray Review
- Upgrading USB ports on top of case
- Areca ARC-8050T3 12-Bay Thunderbolt 3 RAID DAS Review
- GA-P67A-UD3P-B3 can't change multiplier past 38, can't change turbo ratio with i5 3570k
- TP-Link Archer C3150 Dual-Band Wireless Router Review
- AOC announces retail availability of AGON curved QHD gaming monitor
- Seasonic presents the PRIME Ultra power supplies
- EVGA announces GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 ELITE video card
- G.Skill releases AMD Ryzen-optimized Trident Z RGB DDR4 memory
- Hear the difference feel the beat of the DRUM