The Drive Information Screen is used to see the status of the drives that are installed in the system. The above image is from a three drive test.
The RAID Information Screen allows you to easily to view the status of your RAID configuration. Here four drives were used to build a RAID 10 array; one drive was removed, leaving three drives in a degraded RAID 10 array.
Adding new folders to the system is handled in the Folder Management Screen.
In the event of a drive failure you can run File System Check to find potential problems.
The most interesting feature in the LAN and WAN settings has to do with the Link Aggregation settings. As of right now there are very few, if any consumer/SOHO switches that utilize 802.3ad, but in 2009 we should see the feature brought into the sub-200 Dollar network products.
Last month I sat down with Chris Gardner and Martin Olsen from Vitesse. Among other things, Vitesse designs and develops key components used in many of today's highest rated routers and switches, from consumer to enterprise including two of the D-Link products used in my home network. The company's latest technology that is currently being adopted for products set for release in 2009 includes support for 802.3ad at the consumer level.
Without getting off into a three page article on the protocol, I will just leave it as two Cat 6 cables going from your switch to your NAS to double your bandwidth. We have seen the technology on several enthusiast motherboards for the past three years as well as on NAS appliances for the past two. The middle component, the switch has been the weakest link as it was only available on enterprise switches and running an enterprise switch in the home is not that enjoyable. "WHAT DID YOU SAY? I CAN'T HEAR YOU OVER MY NETWORK."
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt won't have day 1 download on Switch
- Mortal Kombat 11 patch notes, Ash Williams cameo possibility
- Donkey Kong Country Returns is coming to the NVIDIA Shield
- Full opening cinematic video for Luigi's Mansion 3 released
- Animal Crossing: New Horizons won't feature cloud saves
- ASUS AX92U Wi-Fi 6 Mesh Review
- motherboard the turbo frequency varies permanently
- TweakTown's Best of E3 2019 Awards
- Q1900DC-ITX No Video Output
- PC won't post after power outage
- 'Warhammer: Vermintide 2' Deluxe Edition Available Now At Retail Stores For PlayStation 4 And Xbox One
- Resonate on the hunt for the UK's next YouTube sensation
- Seeds of Resilience is out now on a 1.0 Release and a 20% discount
- Insurgency: Sandstorm - Six more months of free content on PC announced in new roadmap
- Defeat Your Rivals and Celebrate Victory with the F1 2019 TV Advert