...Slow dance on the inside
Now we turn our attention to the operating system and features. The U800 is full of features, including HSDPA or 3G+. Internet browsing is fast and MMS pictures load almost instantly along with sending promptly. Sadly, not very many places support HSDPA; London, Manchester and amazingly Maidenhead (home town of Three).
The menu is a dream to view and the flash animation is clean and pleasant to work with, but here sadly comes another downfall of the U800. For all its sheek, it runs painfully slow sometimes. You will find yourself selecting something in the menu and then waiting so long that you have enough time to write sonnets, compose classic masterpieces and maybe catch a movie or two.
Customisation of the menu and phone is truly bewilderingly in-depth and the screen has a wonderful level of detail, leading to another major gripe about this device; the screen. The issue is that it performs terribly in outside light. You'll be damned if you want to use this device outdoors, 'cause I sure as heck can't! - The glare is so strong and this leads to it being practically unusable in sun light.
Overall, the menus system is intuitive and clean; though it will take a little while to adapt to if you have used Sony or alternative brands, especially when it comes to texting. And again, beware of the slow gremlin when texting; I found I had to clear the inbox/outbox regularly to avoid massive slowdown.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Thermaltake reveal the Versa H18 Window Micro case
- GIGABYTE's new X399 Designare EX motherboard looks GREAT
- Need for Speed: Payback teased at 4K on GTX 1080 Ti
- AMD is making a self-driving AI processor for Tesla
- Fortnite has a PUBG-style Battle Royale game mode coming
- Using Netgear wndr3700 as router extender problem
- A Look at AMD's Threadripper CPU Hardware Modes
- Plextor M8Se 256GB & 512GB NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- ad240ehdgmbox on m3a785gmh/128m mainboard?
- 8K benched: RX Vega 64 vs. GTX 1080 Ti vs. TITAN Xp SLI
- In Win Launches 'Wood-infused' 305 Mid-Tower PC Chassis
- Micron appoints Anand Jayapalan as Storage Business Unit Vice President
- Bluehole, Inc and Microsoft announce expanded partnership for PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds
- Optimize system performance with new drive adapter
- Lian Li reveals new PC-Q39 tempered glass Mini-ITX tower