If we talk about value, the Nanotherm comes in 2g syringes and the AS2 comes in 3g syringes. At retail prices, that works out to be US$2.48/gram for the Nanotherm and US$2.83/gram. So it seems that the new and improved blue stuff wins this portion of the contest.
Now, if we talk performance, we see a tie. The AS2 compound managed to post a half degree lower temperature at idle, but the Nanotherm took that same half degree right back during the 3dMark2001 run.
Something else to consider is the density of the two compounds. With proper amounts of the each of the respective compounds applied to the surfaces, the Nanotherm product will cover more surface area. Both recommend a .003 inch coating for proper performance, but the blue covers 30.5 square inches of surface area compared to the 18 square inches provided by the AS2. Seems that the blue stuff takes this portion of the test as well.
Bottom line¡K If you¡¦re looking for an effective TIM (and who isn¡¦t), and don¡¦t want to spend more than necessary, then get yourself some Nanotherm Compound. While it doesn¡¦t have the pretty silver color, it does manage to be as effective as Arctic Silver II while bringing in a lower cost to the user. And besides, who is going to be looking between the processor and the heatsink anyway?
As effective as Arctic Silver II
Texture could be smoother
Rating ¡V 9/10
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Escape the 'Isle of Dogs' in our Blu-ray giveaway!
- Apple's new MacBook Pro SEVERELY THROTTLES from Core i9 heat
- Western Digital Samples 1.33Tb QLC Die Flash
- Capcom add 'Torch Man' to the Mega Man 11 boss roster
- Kirby Star Allies: Daroach, Dark Meta Knight & more details
- Question about ASROCK 970 Extreme3 1.0
- MSI X470 Gaming M7 AC (AMD X470) Motherboard Review
- ASROCK C2750D4I BMC Self Test Failure
- OWC Travel Dock Review
- Asrock a320m dgs eveything stuttering even cs go drops 15-20 fps
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit