There isn't a whole lot to the NITRO. Really, the device does exactly what it's supposed to do, so you can't really fault it in that regard. We have to wonder, though, who is really going to want the device? Anyone who really wants to overclock is probably already using something like Rivatuner.
While the device is apparently only for ZOTAC based NVIDIA cards, we had no problems with the device running on our GIGABYTE GTX 280 and we were able to change all clock speeds without any issues. With that said, if you do run into a problem where the FireStorm software spits out an error, if you hold the shift key while pressing the OK button the device will work as it should.
Ultimately, the NITRO is one of those devices which doesn't have anything wrong with it. However, there's just nothing that really stands out. Overclocking these days isn't really a hard task and we're not sure who really wants to have their clocks on display at all times.
It will be interesting to see what ZOTAC do with the device over the coming months. Hopefully we will see it bundled with some of their cards or a newer version come out that offers more features.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- AMD's new Radeon RX 590 teased with ASUS ROG STRIX card
- Capcom reveal Resident Evil 2 Claire 'Military' DLC costume
- Soulcalibur VI - Swords and Souls documentary video part 1/2
- Mario/Zelda/Pokemon themed Smash Bros. Ultimate controllers
- Kingdom Hearts III Screenshots: Twilight Town/Olympus Worlds
- x79 compatibility with NVNe
- ASRock X399M Taichi Stuck on Splash Screen
- HP EX920 SSD Review - Mainstream Perfection
- SIV Smart Fan 5 on X399 platforms ... a mess.
- Latest z370 taichi bios is not stable no matter what I do.
- OnDeck Launches ODX for Banks
- Adobe Announces Next Generation of Creative Cloud at MAX 2018
- Sharkoon PURE STEEL: Minimalist PC Case for High-End Hardware
- Xara Designer Pro X v16 has been released
- Endless Road: Indie roguelite card game now on Steam