With the early nature of the kit we received, Corsair didn't supply any retail packaging. In fact, these were the modules we used for our initial Core i7 processor review. While they came in protective blisters, these aren't what the retail market will see them shipped with. For this reason we didn't take any pictures as we don't want to confuse you.
The modules sprout the DHX memory heatspreader designed for maximum cooling, allowing for even the smallest air flow profile to help cool the modules. The raised fins on the top allow for the heat to be transmitted away from the modules and up higher; this keeps the memory cells cooler and allows for higher clock speeds. When combined with the Dominator fan unit you can keep the modules even cooler.
On one side of each module Corsair placed a sticker with the specs. The kit sent to us comprised of three memory modules with 2GB capacity, totalling 6GB. Speed wise, they are rated for 1600MHz using an 8-8-8-24 timing profile and a maximum voltage of 1.65.
Now, while these modules are based around the same cells that we have seen do 1.9v or 2.0v, Corsair has tuned them down and for a good reason. Intel has stated that the on-die memory controller gets its power from the QPI voltage rail and this is limited to 1.65v. If you attempt to go above this you risk permanent damage to the memory and QPI, rendering the CPU totally useless.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Gearbox CEO addresses current Borderlands 3 rights rumors
- Total War Saga: Thrones of Britannia, a Mierce comeback
- Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze trailer, meet the Kongs
- PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds will 'soon' get map selection
- Australian High Court REJECTS Valves appeal to $3M fine
- FS 40 Pieces Samsung Galaxy S9+ (www.BizFests.com) 128GB $8,520
- Legacy Mode
- Possible Router Issues
- ADATA Premier Memory Cards
- Can't complete BIOS recovery
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit