With Core i7 now officially on the market for sale, it wasn't going to be long before boards and memory came out to support it. In fact, boards were on the shelves even before the CPU was officially launched on the Intel site. Memory kits are now starting to show themselves on the market as well, with companies announcing new kits just about every day.
Thanks to the maturity of DDR3 memory, it's not hard for high quality modules to start showing up at speeds of 1600MHz and even beyond with the latest wafers. Intel's Core i7 officially signs off Intel's support for DDR2 memory, with P45 being the last chipset that will come from Intel with any DDR2 memory support. Any further chipsets for Core 2 will be DDR3 based, so it's now time to start looking into high speed DDR3 for your Intel systems.
Today we have Corsair's Dominator triple-channel memory kit aimed at the Core i7 range with three DDR3 memory modules designed for 1600MHz at the rated 1.65v max that Intel recommends for the Core i7. How will it perform? Let's find out.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- God of War reaches a massive 5 million units sold
- The Wolf Among Us Season Two hit with 2019 delay
- Nintendo's '2nd Unit Set' for the Switch is dockless, $230
- Resident Evil 2 remake: RE7 engine, 4K 60FPS on PS4 Pro
- Fortnite made almost $300 million in April
- best value budget upgrade path
- Buy 3 Pieces Samsung Galaxy S9 SM-G960UZKAXAA 128GB $1.422
- X58a-ud5 rev 1.0 Bios with VT-d support
- HyperX FURY DDR4-3466 16GB Dual-Channel Memory Kit Review
- If I use the M2_1 slot in the x470 Taichi Ultimate ,will it take away PCIE lanes from the GPU?
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit