Now comes to the important part - working out the performance of the IN WIN Na.
We decided to test the Na against a cheap eSATA and USB 2.0 controller from DigiFusion, which I picked up at the local computer markets in Taipei. We tested not only eSATA performance, but also USB 2.0 for those without eSATA capability.
We also plugged the same Seagate 7200.11 640GB 7,200 RPM SATA II hard drive used in the HDD enclosures directly on the motherboard to see if there is any performance penalty using eSATA over regular SATA.
The test system used was a fairly modern system consisting of an MSI X48 Platinum motherboard, Intel QX9450 quad-core processor @ 3.2GHz, 4GB of DDR3 memory on Windows Vista Ultimate x64 SP1 with all the latest updates and drivers. The controller used for all testing was the onboard Intel ICH9R Southbridge.
HD Tune Pro
Version and / or Patch Used: 3.00
Developer Homepage: http://www.efdsoftware.com/
Product Homepage: http://www.hdtune.com/>
HD Tune is a Hard Disk utility which has the following functions:
- Benchmark: measures the performance
- Info: shows detailed information
- Health: checks the health status by using SMART
- Error Scan: scans the surface for errors
- Temperature display
HD Tune Pro gives us accurate read, write and access time results and for the last couple of years has been gaining popularity amongst reviewers. It is now considered a must have application for storage device testing.
- Average Read Speeds
Our first test looks at average read speeds and as you can see, there is virtually hardly any difference between either the Na or DigiFusion enclosure. And so far there doesn't seem to be any speed penalty by using eSATA.
USB 2.0 performance is very good - it pretty much maxing out what USB 2.0 is capable of in the real-world.
- Average Write Speeds
When it comes to average write speeds, we see the same story as we did with the read tests. No benchmark tests are ever completely useless and here even though the results are all identical, it does tell us that the IN WIN Na is perfect at delivering fast speeds over eSATA - just the same, as if the drive were connected internally in your desktop.
- Burst Speeds
The final test for this review is about burst speeds and here is where the results mix up. Oddly enough and even after testing each configuration several times for error and consistency, we can see that the IN WIN Na enclosure in eSATA mode actually offers the best burst speed.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [The Packaging]
- Page 4 [IN WIN Na Enclosure]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Ferrari designer building $2 million electric hypercar
- Opera is the first browser with a built-in crypto wallet
- Samsung announces 8Gb LPDDR5, ready for the world of 5G/AI
- Why Atari VCS doesn't use Ryzen APU
- Atari VCS upgraded to 8GB of unified memory
- Unlock Outlook PST Recovery Tool
- ASRock Z370 Extreme4 produces a high-frequency sound
- Thin, Light & Narrow Bezel, MSI GS65 Gaming NB Review
- iStorage diskashur DT2 12TB Review
- Z370 Aorus Gaming 5 rev 1.0
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit