IN WIN Na Enclosure
Now is when the fun begins - let's get an up-close look at the IN WIN Na and what exactly makes it special and very unique in its own cultural way.
IN WIN's Na enclosure is really and honestly almost like a piece of art. Compared to the drab and boring HDD enclosures I have kicking around here, the Na really does stand out and offers something totally unique.
Said to be inspired by traditional Chinese art and culture, the Na includes a hand-made porcelain plate with "Na" written in Chinese and labeled in the center. This plate isn't attached solid to the enclosure and can be removed when the enclosure is on the move. It's ideal to store some items on it such as a mobile phone and pens, but also looks great left empty.
Moving to the front of the Na, we see just the power button and that is it. No other switches or LEDs, which would look out of place on a product like this. There is a white LED inside the unit, which indicates power to the unit, but that light cannot be seen through the solid plastic - and that kind of begs the question, why is there even an LED there, when it cannot be seen from the outside? In future products, it would be nice to see IN WIN possibly have a clear piece of plastic for the power LED and maybe also activity lights to see what is going on when the drive is in action. Besides that, though, simplicity and style rule here.
Moving to the base of the Na, we get our first look at the cooling fan, or at least the air vents for it. There are also four plastic feet, which help keep the thing flat and balanced on your desk. Speaking of the fan, it is powered by an automatic temperature sensor and only begins spinning once the inside of the enclosure reaches a certain temperature - and when it does begin spinning, it is pretty much silent and inaudible over the idle operation of the hard drive. Yep, it's that quiet.
Now we move onto the interface connectors and this little compartment is hidden on the back of the unit, opposite side to the fan, as you can see in the picture above this one. From left to right is the power connector, eSATA and then USB 2.0 / 1.1.
Once you've plugged in the cables, just pop the cover back on and turn the drive over and as you can see in the picture above, the cables very neatly run through a small hole on the back of the enclosure. Remember I was talking about that attention to detail before - right here is more of it. The only issue I had with the cables is that plugging in the eSATA cable is a little bit of a pain - the connector on the enclosure needs to be raised by a few millimeters, which will enable it to plug straight in, instead of the eSATA cable basically touching the surface of the enclosure.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [The Packaging]
- Page 4 [IN WIN Na Enclosure]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Spider-Man developers thought the story wasn't funny enough
- Warner Bros. release teaser for Pokemon: Detective Pikachu
- China sprouts the first life ever made on the Moons surface
- Zelda: Link's Awakening Switch & GameBoy comparison video
- Apex Legends mods have banned over 16,000 cheaters so far
- Supermicro C9Z390-CG-IW (Intel Z390) Motherboard Review
- Z77X-UD5H Bios Issue When Setting CPU Multiplier Above 44
- Resident Evil 2 Remake Review: Fright Night
- HELP !!!! ASROCK Z77 PRO3 "NON-K OC MENU" disappeared :-(
- BundleFest is coming - Get ready for the biggest bundle event of the year
- Team NINJA Announces DEAD OR ALIVE 6 Deluxe Demo, World Championship, and SNK Collaboration
- Bandai Namco Entertainment America Inc. Launches Jump Force; The Ultimate Manga Crossover Extravaganza
- The Escape Room Puzzle Game Themed On The Seven Deadly Sins Will Hit Steam On Feb 28th
- [01Studio] Indie MMORPG - Citywars Savage