Well, when I first started this piece I was expecting to see good things and I wasn't disappointed. The Tagan BZ1300 offers one of the most powerful power supplies available in the U.S. and is still more than capable with handling other power sources around the world. It is designed for the hardcore enthusiast who has more system than is really good for anyone. It can take a pair of power hungry video cards and the associated system and laugh at it. But we knew it was going to be strong in this area, so it is good that it was able to deliver what we had hoped for.
It does not stop there, however. The BZ1300 also offers a modular design that is extremely easy to use. Add to this the lighting effects it comes with and you will get people's attention when you crank it up at your next LAN party. Cooling is plentiful for the unit and it does so with little noise. Even under load I was not able to get the fan speed moving to the point where I could here it without putting my ear right next to it.
The added accessory pack also contains goodies that you just don't find in a standard power supply setup. The gloves are a nice touch since it not only helps prevent static shock, it also keeps you from leaving a bunch of fingerprints on the casing while you install it. These little touches let you know that the folks at Tagan know enthusiasts and care about our needs and desires.
While all sounds wonderful so far (and yes, it really is that good a power supply), all this goodness comes at a price. For those interested in the BZ1300, you can expect to shell out in the vicinity of $470US or thereabouts. While this is a rather expensive upgrade, it will provide you with an excellent source of power that should easily last you for years to come. For comparison purposes, this price point hovers between the middle and upper end of the range for quality power supplies between 1200 and 1300 watts. Of course, you are also getting a solidly manufactured PSU from Tagan, a tier 2 manufacturing company.
If you have the money and the need for this much power, the Tagan BZ1300 comes very highly recommended.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Witcher 4 may be CD Projekt RED's next game
- Strong sales cement Anthem in EA's playbook
- Ocarina of Time Online brings co-op to Hyrule
- Nintendo could be considering making their own gaming phone
- New Minecraft update adds crossbows, shields, cats and more
- Seagate Game Drive PS4 2TB Review
- GA-X99-UD5 rev 1.0 power ON issue
- Asus RT-N16 - Can´t get wifi to work
- ASUS RT-AX88U Wi-Fi 6 Router Review
- MSI GeForce GTX 1660 GAMING X & VENTUS XS Review
- Killing Floor: Double Feature Coming May 21, 2019 to PlayStation Store and Game Retailers Near You
- Critically acclaimed retro platformer The Messenger hits PlayStation 4 today
- OMG Zombies! to invade Nintendo Switch on the 26th March!
- LEGO DC Super-Villains Releases Batman: The Animated Series Level Pack
- Super Crome: Bullet Purgatory Enters the Steam Early Access Atmosphere Today