Games, Movies and Music
As covered before, I think this system has been designed for the gamer on a budget, as it seems to meet the needs of this user down to a tea. It provides a bright and energetic sound scape to place gunshots and other special effects. However, it's the price that makes this such a perfect system for anyone who owns a Playstation 3, XBOX 360 or PC gaming setup.
Movies can contain a lot of subtle nuances, like music, that can easily be missed or not even reproduced to begin with. It's these dynamics that set the scene. The upper most spectrum and lower most spectrum of our hearing range allow us to feel what's going on as much as actually hearing it. Unfortunately, in the case of the VS3251 the upper and lower most are in fact 'mostly' absent here for all intents and purposes. So, while movies can be experienced in 5.1, I do not feel much of a representation is given of the source material. You get the feel of the material, but certainly not the emotion.
Music is not the strength of this system, as I have covered earlier. However, for someone playing back a lot of heavily compressed audio via MP3 or iPod, things are not as bad because these formats of compression heavily cut the high and low frequencies in a bid to decrease file size, but at the costly expense of the emotion of the artist contained within the original recording itself. Having said that, though, I cannot solely recommend these speakers for musical reproduction because I do not feel this is their primary function.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [introduction]
- Page 2 [Setup and Technical Overview]
- Page 3 [Setup - Continued]
- Page 4 [How Do They Sound?]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- GIGABYTE reveal the Z370 AORUS motherboard range
- SteelSeries release the Rival 110 gaming mouse
- Ataribox sounds like risky business
- ENERMAX release the EQUILENCE, a high-end silent case
- Divinity: Original Sin 2 receives first major patch
- Ryzen 3 vs. Core i3 benched on GTX 1060/1070 & RX Vega
- HP OfficeJet Pro 8740 Printer Review
- Internet Download Manager Full
- Intel Core i9-7980XE and i9-7960X CPU Review
- Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 4K Blu-ray Review
- White Hot Looks, White Hot Performance - CORSAIR Launches VENGEANCE RGB White DDR4
- Phanteks introduces Eclipse P300 PC case
- GIGABYTE introduces Z370 AORUS motherboards
- Samsung starts producing industry's first universal flash storage for next-generation automotive applications
- AOC announces retail availability of AGON curved QHD gaming monitor