Delving deeper into the range
Bass performance is respectable from the 25 watt 5" subwoofer. While not going particularly deep or loud like a subwoofer should, it does produce 'some' bass, which is good to report here.
Volume control ranges from zero to maximum with zero being more like the max and the actual max being really quite unusable, akin to a squirrel trying to claw its way out of the bass unit. So let us exercise caution when adjusting bass.
On another note, for a small environment where as a gamer you simply need to hear what's going on around you on a dedicated 5.1 system, I think this system could provide, as a gamer does not need a speaker to have good timbre to the sound or produce a subtle upper range with neutrality across the spectrum. They want to hear how far away the enemy is, via the fantastic 3D positioning technology available these days thanks to the immensely involved EAX algorithms used to position individual sounds within an artificially created 3D environment.
So, from the point of view a gamer has, why not? These speakers can do all of that and they have 'enough' power for this use. To support this theory I was in EB games the other day, which is a dedicated gaming franchise and the only system they had in store were these. Yep, that's right and they were going for $70 which is a steal and leaves plenty of change for that much needed GPU upgrade.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [introduction]
- Page 2 [Setup and Technical Overview]
- Page 3 [Setup - Continued]
- Page 4 [How Do They Sound?]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Gears of War 4 showed off on next-gen Xbox One X
- Wolfenstein II can 'utilize the power' of Radeon RX Vega
- Battlegrounds 2 won't happen, as the game is a service
- Galaxy S9 logo leaks, still has a headphone jack
- NVIDIA's new GeForce 388.00 drivers ready for Destiny 2
- ADATA XPG SX950 480GB SATA III SSD Review
- Lenovo Legion Y920 (Kaby Lake) Gaming Laptop Review
- Gigabyte Z97 Gaming GT: PCIe slots 3.0 that working only at 1.0 with an ASUS Hyper M.2 x4 expansion card
- Gigabyte Z97X Gaming GT: PCIe 3.0 that work only at 1.0 with Asus Hyper m.2 x 4 card
- Gigabyte AB-350 G3 CPU LED & No POST after update ->rollback?
- Introducing the CYBERPOWERPC Crystal Gaming Series Powered By CORSAIR
- COLORFUL Officially Releases iGame Z370 Vulcan X Motherboard in South Korea
- G.SKILL Releases DDR4-3800MHz 32GB (4x8GB) SO-DIMM Memory Kit for Mini-ITX Motherboards
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard