Delving deeper into the range
Bass performance is respectable from the 25 watt 5" subwoofer. While not going particularly deep or loud like a subwoofer should, it does produce 'some' bass, which is good to report here.
Volume control ranges from zero to maximum with zero being more like the max and the actual max being really quite unusable, akin to a squirrel trying to claw its way out of the bass unit. So let us exercise caution when adjusting bass.
On another note, for a small environment where as a gamer you simply need to hear what's going on around you on a dedicated 5.1 system, I think this system could provide, as a gamer does not need a speaker to have good timbre to the sound or produce a subtle upper range with neutrality across the spectrum. They want to hear how far away the enemy is, via the fantastic 3D positioning technology available these days thanks to the immensely involved EAX algorithms used to position individual sounds within an artificially created 3D environment.
So, from the point of view a gamer has, why not? These speakers can do all of that and they have 'enough' power for this use. To support this theory I was in EB games the other day, which is a dedicated gaming franchise and the only system they had in store were these. Yep, that's right and they were going for $70 which is a steal and leaves plenty of change for that much needed GPU upgrade.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [introduction]
- Page 2 [Setup and Technical Overview]
- Page 3 [Setup - Continued]
- Page 4 [How Do They Sound?]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice devs shocked at PC game sales
- Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze overview trailer reveal
- Infinity War Iron Spider Suit now comes with game pre-order
- AMD CPU hero Jim Keller leaving Tesla to join Intel
- NVIDIA GeForce 397.31 WHQL drivers enables RTX on Volta GPUs
- AsRock Z97 not picking up SATA drive
- GA-X79-UD3 NVMe
- MyDigitalDiscount 128GB/256GB/512GB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- EVGA DG-77 Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit