EVEREST Cache and Memory
EVEREST Ultimate Edition is an industry leading system diagnostics and benchmarking solution for enthusiasts PC users, based on the award-winning EVEREST Technology. During system optimizations and tweaking it provides essential system and overclock information, advanced hardware monitoring and diagnostics capabilities to check the effects of the applied settings.
CPU, FPU and memory benchmarks are available to measure the actual system performance and compare it to previous states or other systems. Furthermore, complete software, operating system and security information makes EVEREST Ultimate Edition a comprehensive system diagnostics tool that offers a total of 100 pages of information about your PC.
We see that the LAN Shark arrived on our doorstep with a 6% CPU overclock and a 13% bus overclock. The system is far from being pushed to the limit, so adventurous users will be able to squeeze a lot of extra performance out of the processor.
It took a long time but Intel has finally caught up with AMD in memory benchmarks. The system we reviewed comes with DDR2-800 memory bumped up to 900 MHz. At this speed the memory requires 2.2 volts, but our sample came configured for 1.9. It is hardly a gotcha moment since the DFI motherboard makes these small corrections easy.
To Smooth Creations' defence, the systems generally come equipped with G.Skill memory according to the website and in my opinion the G.Skill memory works a little better with some of DFI's advanced options and the way the boards are programmed.
Fast, easy to use PC speed testing and benchmarking. PassMark PerformanceTest allows you to objectively benchmark a PC using a variety of different speed tests and compare the results to other computers.
The CPU tests cover mathematical operations, compression, encryption, SSE, 3DNow! instructions and more.
Even with the mild overclock the LAN Shark produces very good processor calculation scores.
ScienceMark 2.0 is a mathematical program designed to stress the memory subsystems of both desktop/workstation and server environments to determine the read/write latency as well as the overall memory bandwidth available between the CPU and the memory controller.
ScienceMark 2 is a good benchmark for comparing different processors and as we gather more data from other full system reviews we will be able to start comparing their performance to one another.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- AI could one day fuel in-game microtransactions
- Playground Games making new Fable, sources say
- Nintendo Labo brings cardboard cut-outs to the gaming world
- Metal Gear Survive will feature microtransactions
- Surprise character hits Dragon Ball FighterZ before launch
- noblechairs ICON Series Real Leather Gaming Chair Review
- GIGABYTE X299 Designare EX (Intel X299) Motherboard Review
- Realtek sound not working all of a sudden
- Intel Z370 Motherboard Buyer's Guide
- The Coffee Lake Overclocking Guide
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series