The Thermaltake VI-ON 2.5"
The mesh is very attractive and allows the drive to breath.
The power and data connectors are located on the back. The enclosure does not come with a power brick, one of the main features. The USB cable has two heads, one for data and one for extra power. This eliminates the need for external power outside what is provided by the PC or notebook.
Ah, that is the finish we like, piano black. As you can see, you could actually use this enclosure as a mirror, at least at first.
Moving on to the inside, the VI-ON uses a surface mount SATA and power connector.
Here we see the VI-ON with a G.Skill SLC SSD installed. It takes a little fidgeting to get the drive lined up, but after the first time you will figure out the trick.
Here we see the VI-ON on top of a Western Digital Raptor 3.5" hard drive. The enclosure is quite large compared to some of the other enclosures I have seen.
After taking the entire set of pictures, I took a look at that beautiful finish. As you can see, there is a really big problem. It is not like the enclosure was sliding around on sand paper. I use a large piece of cardboard with white dye for the pictures; the scratches came from the enclosure sitting and sliding on paper.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [The Packaging]
- Page 4 [The Thermaltake VI-ON 2.5"]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Far Cry 5 official PC system requirements revealed
- Father of Sonic joins Square Enix to work on new game
- Stardew Valley was the most downloaded Switch game in 2017
- Vive Pro's recommended PC specs may get bumped up
- Sony and Nike make official PS2 shoes
- Spectre Bios Updates
- Lian-Li PC-O11 WW Feedback and O11 Air Feedback
- Investigation: Benefits to Prioritization Software
- When is a RX570 not a RX570?
- ASRock X370 Gaming-ITX/ac Gaming (AMD X370) Motherboard
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series