The Thermaltake VI-ON 2.5"
The mesh is very attractive and allows the drive to breath.
The power and data connectors are located on the back. The enclosure does not come with a power brick, one of the main features. The USB cable has two heads, one for data and one for extra power. This eliminates the need for external power outside what is provided by the PC or notebook.
Ah, that is the finish we like, piano black. As you can see, you could actually use this enclosure as a mirror, at least at first.
Moving on to the inside, the VI-ON uses a surface mount SATA and power connector.
Here we see the VI-ON with a G.Skill SLC SSD installed. It takes a little fidgeting to get the drive lined up, but after the first time you will figure out the trick.
Here we see the VI-ON on top of a Western Digital Raptor 3.5" hard drive. The enclosure is quite large compared to some of the other enclosures I have seen.
After taking the entire set of pictures, I took a look at that beautiful finish. As you can see, there is a really big problem. It is not like the enclosure was sliding around on sand paper. I use a large piece of cardboard with white dye for the pictures; the scratches came from the enclosure sitting and sliding on paper.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [The Packaging]
- Page 4 [The Thermaltake VI-ON 2.5"]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Gorilla Glass 6 engineered to 'survive multiple drops'
- Twitter had 115 billion impressions for the World Cup
- Pre-order Dead Cells now on Switch, receive 20% discount
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate available at this years Evo 2018
- Sony teases 'Tombstone' villain inclusion for Spider-Man PS4
- ASROCK C2750D4I BMC Self Test Failure
- OWC Travel Dock Review
- Asrock a320m dgs eveything stuttering even cs go drops 15-20 fps
- Biostar X470GTN Gaming (AMD X470) Motherboard Review
- Asrock X399 + Watercooling help needed please
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit