The Thermaltake VI-ON 2.5"
The mesh is very attractive and allows the drive to breath.
The power and data connectors are located on the back. The enclosure does not come with a power brick, one of the main features. The USB cable has two heads, one for data and one for extra power. This eliminates the need for external power outside what is provided by the PC or notebook.
Ah, that is the finish we like, piano black. As you can see, you could actually use this enclosure as a mirror, at least at first.
Moving on to the inside, the VI-ON uses a surface mount SATA and power connector.
Here we see the VI-ON with a G.Skill SLC SSD installed. It takes a little fidgeting to get the drive lined up, but after the first time you will figure out the trick.
Here we see the VI-ON on top of a Western Digital Raptor 3.5" hard drive. The enclosure is quite large compared to some of the other enclosures I have seen.
After taking the entire set of pictures, I took a look at that beautiful finish. As you can see, there is a really big problem. It is not like the enclosure was sliding around on sand paper. I use a large piece of cardboard with white dye for the pictures; the scratches came from the enclosure sitting and sliding on paper.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [The Packaging]
- Page 4 [The Thermaltake VI-ON 2.5"]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- UK official responds to lootbox petition
- Rocket League hosts Halloween event 'Haunted Hallows'
- Team Liquid wins SL i-League Invitational Season 3
- Ex-Naughty Dog developer claims he was sexually harassed
- H1Z1 Pro League to kick-off in 2018
- Thecus® N2350 & N4350 the most affordable Home NAS series now available worldwide
- COLORFUL iGame GeForce GTX 1080 Vulcan X OC Review
- South Park: The Fractured But Hole Review
- NVIDIA locks overclocking in GeForce GTX 1070 Ti
- MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Ti GAMING X TRIO: Unboxed
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard
- ASRock announces X299E-ITX/ac, world's first mini-ITX LGA2066 motherboard
- Noctua introduces chromax line fans, cables and heat sink covers
- G.SKILL Releases Fastest 32GB (4x8GB) Trident Z RGB Memory Kit at DDR4-4266MHz