Specifications, Availability and Pricing
The first thing that you will notice is the size of the enclosure. 2.5 inch notebook drives are just that, 2.5 inches, but the Thermaltake VI-ON is quite a bit larger, almost as large as a 3.5 inch drive. With everything together, the VI-ON weighs less than most 3.5 inch drives, but it is still rather bulky.
The VI-ON uses the aging USB 2.0 specification, but there really isn't anything Thermaltake can do about that since most motherboard manufacturers have all but dropped FireWire 800 and USB 3.0 is not available yet. eSATA is always an option, but from what I have observed it isn't getting the love it deserves outside of the enthusiast community.
Using the TweakTown Shopping Network I was able to find the VI-ON 2.5" like we are looking at today for a little over 25 U.S.D. which is a little less than the MSRP which is set at 29.99. Thermaltake has a really good network of distributors and retail / e-tail partners, so finding a white or black model shouldn't be a problem.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [The Packaging]
- Page 4 [The Thermaltake VI-ON 2.5"]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Dr. Strange/Avengers buildings spotted in Spider-Man trailer
- Stunlock Studios releases Battlerite Royale gameplay trailer
- Travis Scott will curate entire NBA 2K19 soundtrack
- DICE to release new Battlefield V gameplay trailer today
- Metro Exodus Aurora Limited Edition announced
- Buy (10 Pieces) Samsung Galaxy Note9/S9/S9+/S8+ New $1,500
- Buy (5 Pieces) Samsung Galaxy Note9/S9/S9+/S8+ New $1,150
- TRENDnet TWC-L10 Wi-Fi Light Bulb Security Camera Review
- Buy (3 Pieces) Samsung Galaxy Note9/S9/S9+/S8+ New $900
- Buy (2Pieces) Samsung Galaxy Note9/S9/S9+/S8+ New $800
- Beat-'Em-Up Coffee Crisis Out On Xbox One Today
- New World Boss Karanda Coming to Black Desert Online SEA
- PUBG Mobile Gets Competitive With First Ever 'Player Well Known' Invitational And Championship
- Intel Introduces New NUC Kits and NUC Mini PCs to the Intel NUC
- Legendary Actor Patrick Stewart To Narrate My Memory of Us