Package and Contents
While this is actually a review of the chipset itself and not so much the board, we decided to have a basic look at the feature set that the board comes with. The board was supplied by ASUS. ASUS' design for the boxes is like Intel based CPU boxes, using a deep blue colour. On the front the ASUS logo along with the board model can be seen as well as quite a few other logos and marketing hype.
On the back of the box ASUS has its spec list, features list and marketing hype on the 9300 chipset that the board uses. For a budget/value board, we weren't expecting to see a colour photo of the board. However, on the upper right ASUS has supplied us with one, so if you're a bargain hunter who also wants to know what you're getting before you open the box, you're going to be happy here.
As usual ASUS provides a good software and documentation bundle. The user manual is coloured the same as the box; the same deep blue. The user manual contains quite a bit of info on the specs, hardware setup, BIOS setup and software on the driver disk. The Drivers DVD contains drivers for XP and Vista in both 32-bit and 64-bit variations. There are no Linux or alternate OS supporting drivers included.
Lastly is the accessories and ASUS only provides a single IDE and SATA data cable along with the ASUS Q-Connect header ports. This is a very liberal bundle, so if you want to run more than one SATA port you're going to need to purchase more cables.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Mass Effect dev: EA only cares about highest returns
- Gabe Newell is the 427th richest person in the world
- Sharp NES TV: a curious piece of 1980s gaming magic
- Sony's new PS4 controller for kids looks like a bad idea
- Switch sells over 2 million units in U.S. alone
- LGA-775 GA-EP35-DS3P (rev 2.1), Q9550 e0 overclocking advice please?
- Will the PC-A76 accept a Tyan TYAN S7100 (S7100AG2NR) SSI EEB Mother board?
- MSI Z370 GODLIKE GAMING Motherboard Review
- GTX 1080 Ti 11GB - SLI or NOT !?
- GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS Gaming 7 Motherboard Review
- Introducing the CYBERPOWERPC Crystal Gaming Series Powered By CORSAIR
- COLORFUL Officially Releases iGame Z370 Vulcan X Motherboard in South Korea
- G.SKILL Releases DDR4-3800MHz 32GB (4x8GB) SO-DIMM Memory Kit for Mini-ITX Motherboards
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard