Package and Contents
While this is actually a review of the chipset itself and not so much the board, we decided to have a basic look at the feature set that the board comes with. The board was supplied by ASUS. ASUS' design for the boxes is like Intel based CPU boxes, using a deep blue colour. On the front the ASUS logo along with the board model can be seen as well as quite a few other logos and marketing hype.
On the back of the box ASUS has its spec list, features list and marketing hype on the 9300 chipset that the board uses. For a budget/value board, we weren't expecting to see a colour photo of the board. However, on the upper right ASUS has supplied us with one, so if you're a bargain hunter who also wants to know what you're getting before you open the box, you're going to be happy here.
As usual ASUS provides a good software and documentation bundle. The user manual is coloured the same as the box; the same deep blue. The user manual contains quite a bit of info on the specs, hardware setup, BIOS setup and software on the driver disk. The Drivers DVD contains drivers for XP and Vista in both 32-bit and 64-bit variations. There are no Linux or alternate OS supporting drivers included.
Lastly is the accessories and ASUS only provides a single IDE and SATA data cable along with the ASUS Q-Connect header ports. This is a very liberal bundle, so if you want to run more than one SATA port you're going to need to purchase more cables.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- God of War director reads reviews on video, shows true heart
- Witcher 3 mod allows Geralt to go full Benjamin Button
- The Division movie secures John Wick, Deadpool 2 director
- Microsoft seeks engineers for next-gen Xbox, teases GDDR6
- Fortnite developer: no rush to make new Battle Royale maps
- Can I install a Soundblaster THX TruStudio Pro Snd Crd in my GA-170X-Gaming 7 MoBo?
- AMD Ryzen 7 2700X and Ryzen 5 2600X Review
- FSP CMT510 RGB Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- I'm need help from GA-X79S-UP5-WIFI
- Investigation: m.2 Heatsinks, are they worth it?
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit