Shocked? Me too, so shocked by the low performance in real world testing that I ran the Crucial CT32GBFAB0 on several systems and came up with the same results, every time. At that point I spent a considerable amount of time looking around the web at various reviews of the same drive to see if others were getting the same performance. The results of my search were also just as shocking; time after time the Crucial CT32GBFAB0 received praise and awards from just about every one of the reviews that I read. All of these reviews were based off of simple "Read / Write" tests with absolutely no real world application other than forum bragging rights to a number that has been proven time and time again to mean absolutely nothing.
The good news is that the CT32GBFAB0 is Crucial's first run at an SSD offering. There are a few other companies that are on their third and fourth SSD release with many trial and error sessions in their first two generation products. Crucial and their parent company Lexar have already announced their follow up solid state drives that we should see before the holidays. The claimed speed of the new drive is comparable to the fastest drives on the market now which are solely marketed for enterprise users and carry an enterprise price. Hopefully Crucial is able to keep their new drives price as low as the CT32GBFAB0 and it should be a great product.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging and the Crucial CT32GBFAB0]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - HD Tune Pro]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Everest Random Access Time]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - PCMark Vantage Hard Disk Tests]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Passmark]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Nintendo reveal Diablo III: Eternal Collection Switch bundle
- Black Ops 4 physical sales down 50% compared WWII
- Mega Man 11 only had around 40 developers in the team
- Fortnite leak showcases a soon to be released gifting system
- A re-introduction into Old School RuneScape: New/Old players
- Default Netgear Wireless WG111 Issue
- NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 Review: The Perfect Card For 1440p
- Computer will not turn on.
- Netgear Wireless WG111 Issue
- Corsair Carbide Series SPEC-OMEGA Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- Zombidle: Fun With Surgery Is An Update With A Lot of Guts
- Theia Wallet Announced the 1.0 Version Beta Test, Supports BTC
- Orion Health launches Amadeus CORE to help healthcare sector leverage data analytics and machine learning
- Epson Booth to Feature Partners with latest POS Solutions at Money20/20
- Raybaby announces launch on Amazon