Now it's onto the BIOS. ZOTAC is using the Award 6 Modular BIOS that we are all accustomed to. The blue screen greets us and to find the overclocking options you need to visit the Frequency/Voltage control menu.
FSB (QDR): 400 - 2500 in 1MHz Increments
Mem (DDR): 400 - 1400MHz in 1MHz Increments
NB Voltage: 1.3v to 1.6v in 0.05v Increments
Unfortunately, while the frequency options are there, voltage tweaks are totally missing. Only a NB voltage option exists. There's also no CPU multiplier access, so you're stuck with the default multiplier of your CPU.
Being an NVIDIA mGPU, tweaks are needed and couldn't be made, so we could only get up to 345 MHz before the system would no longer post. We also put our QX9770 in to see if it would work at 400MHz FSB. Unfortunately the system refused to post with this CPU, so 400MHz FSB CPUs are out of the question.
Important Editor Note: Our maximum overclocking result is the best result we managed in our limited time of testing the motherboard. Due to time constraints we weren't able to tweak the motherboard to the absolute maximum and find the highest possible FSB, as this could take days to find properly. We do however spend at least a few hours overclocking every motherboard to try and find the highest possible overclock in that time frame. You may or may not be able to overclock higher if you spend more time tweaking, or as new BIOS updates are released. "Burn-in" time might also come into play if you believe in that.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Google Pixel 2 teased in 'Kinda Blue', starts at $649
- Google Pixelbook: Surface competitor starts at $1199
- Biostar's upcoming RACING Z370 GT7 motherboard teased
- Core i9-7980XE benched: super-fast, but costs $1999
- Custom Radeon RX Vega cards not coming until November
- ad240ehdgmbox on m3a785gmh/128m mainboard?
- 8K benched: RX Vega 64 vs. GTX 1080 Ti vs. TITAN Xp SLI
- AMD X399 TR4 Threadripper Motherboard Buyer's Guide
- Gigabyte System Information Viewer
- ASRock X399 Professional Gaming Motherboard Review
- In Win Launches 'Wood-infused' 305 Mid-Tower PC Chassis
- Micron appoints Anand Jayapalan as Storage Business Unit Vice President
- Bluehole, Inc and Microsoft announce expanded partnership for PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds
- Optimize system performance with new drive adapter
- Lian Li reveals new PC-Q39 tempered glass Mini-ITX tower