Package and Contents
As always, we start off with our package and contents. GIGABYTEs EP45-UD3P gets the same colour scheme as the older UD2 series boards, however there is a lot of hype on the front about UD3 and its cooling properties.
On the back of the box there is a lot more info on how the UD3 system works; mostly it's a combination of existing technologies along with a new 2oz copper PCB design, which we will get into later. Unfortunately, due to the marketing hype on the back there is no room for a colour photo, a big no-no, even with a new product line.
While the EP45-UD3P is aimed more at the mainstream to value end of the line, it doesn't stop GIGABYTE from giving you a good software and documentation bundle. In total there are two users manuals; one for the board itself and one hardware installation guide book which is a fancy term for quick install manual. The Driver DVD that is included contains drivers and software for Windows XP and Vista (32-bit and 64-bit versions) along with their DES Advanced software for both OSs.
On the accessories side GIGABYTE has done a modest job. First off we look at the data cables supplied; out of the total eight SATA ports that the board supports, you get four yellow SATA-II data cables which include the locking tabs to prevent them from accidentally being removed or bumped when installing or removing hardware, or even when transporting the PC to and from your home and LAN events. The ribbon cables consist of a single FDD cable with mono drive support and an IDE cable with master and slave drive support.
GIGABYTE continues to do their eSATA ports a different way to most. Rather than forcing you to give up two SATA ports, all of the ports are internal ports. If you want to use eSATA you install a PCI expansion cover bracket with two eSATA ports on it; these ports then take two (any two) SATA ports and convert them to eSATA.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications]
- Page 3 [The Box and What's Inside]
- Page 4 [The Motherboard]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Overclocking]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup and Memory Performance]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - PCMark Vantage]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - SYSmark 2007 Preview]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Adobe Premiere Elements 4.0]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - 3DMark Vantage]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Crysis]
- Page 12 [Power Usage and Heat Tests]
- Page 13 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Rainbow Six Siege free-to-play trail beginning August 16th
- Rune: Ragnarok receives teaser trailer, screenshots & PC req
- Hi-Rez Studios announces creation of 3 distinct new studios
- Team17 announce New Game+ for Overcooked 2
- Dark Souls Remastered arrives on the Nintendo Switch Oct 19
- Buy (3 Pieces) Samsung Galaxy Note9/S9/S9+/S8+ New $900
- Buy (2Pieces) Samsung Galaxy Note9/S9/S9+/S8+ New $800
- Fnatic miniSTREAK Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Buy (20 Pieces) Apple iPhone 8 Plus/8/7 Plus/7/6s Plus New $2000
- RAID 0 on a really old Motherboard
- Legendary Actor Patrick Stewart To Narrate My Memory of Us
- Hi-Rez Studios Establishes New Development Studios, Strengthens Publishing Position
- Guardians of the Sky Arrives for TERA PC with Aerial Content and Limited Time Loot
- Lian Li Fuse Classic Brushed Aluminum and Modern RGB Lighting with new LANCOOL ONE Chassis
- Samsung's 16Gb GDDR6 Memory Powers Latest NVIDIA Quadro Professional Graphics Solution