Package and Contents
As always, we start off with our package and contents. GIGABYTEs EP45-UD3P gets the same colour scheme as the older UD2 series boards, however there is a lot of hype on the front about UD3 and its cooling properties.
On the back of the box there is a lot more info on how the UD3 system works; mostly it's a combination of existing technologies along with a new 2oz copper PCB design, which we will get into later. Unfortunately, due to the marketing hype on the back there is no room for a colour photo, a big no-no, even with a new product line.
While the EP45-UD3P is aimed more at the mainstream to value end of the line, it doesn't stop GIGABYTE from giving you a good software and documentation bundle. In total there are two users manuals; one for the board itself and one hardware installation guide book which is a fancy term for quick install manual. The Driver DVD that is included contains drivers and software for Windows XP and Vista (32-bit and 64-bit versions) along with their DES Advanced software for both OSs.
On the accessories side GIGABYTE has done a modest job. First off we look at the data cables supplied; out of the total eight SATA ports that the board supports, you get four yellow SATA-II data cables which include the locking tabs to prevent them from accidentally being removed or bumped when installing or removing hardware, or even when transporting the PC to and from your home and LAN events. The ribbon cables consist of a single FDD cable with mono drive support and an IDE cable with master and slave drive support.
GIGABYTE continues to do their eSATA ports a different way to most. Rather than forcing you to give up two SATA ports, all of the ports are internal ports. If you want to use eSATA you install a PCI expansion cover bracket with two eSATA ports on it; these ports then take two (any two) SATA ports and convert them to eSATA.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications]
- Page 3 [The Box and What's Inside]
- Page 4 [The Motherboard]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Overclocking]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup and Memory Performance]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - PCMark Vantage]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - SYSmark 2007 Preview]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Adobe Premiere Elements 4.0]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - 3DMark Vantage]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Crysis]
- Page 12 [Power Usage and Heat Tests]
- Page 13 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Warcraft III updated, includes 16:9 support and HEAPS MORE
- NVIDIA to launch new GeForce GTX series during GTC 2018
- Final Fantasy XV DLC continues into 2019
- IBM's Watson AI might be coming to a game near you
- Sonic movie set for 2019
- Enermax T.B. RGB, RGB Lighting 3 Fan Pack Review
- GIGABYTE Z370 Aorus Gaming K3 (Intel Z370) Motherboard
- Amped Wireless Titan AC1900 Wireless Router Review
- Reeven NAIA 240 CPU Cooler Review
- For Sale 5 Pieces Apple iPhone 8 64GB Brand New Unlocked $2,795
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit