On to the BIOS section and we see BIOSTAR use a similar design layout to that of which ASUS, ASRock and Intel use; the grey tab menu screen.
In order to access the overclocking options, you need to navigate to the T-Power menu where you can tweak the board to your hearts content.
CPU Frequency: 200 - 600 in 1MHz Increments
PCIE Frequency: 100 - 200MHz in 1MHz Increments
SB to K8 Frequency: 200 to 2000Mhz in Various Increments
CPU OverVoltage: +0.05v to +0.60vv in 0.05v increments
CPU NB OverVoltage: +0.05v to +0.60vv in 0.05v increments
DRAM OverVoltage: 1.8v to 3.3v in 0.05v increments
Chipset OverVoltage: 1.1v to 1.475v in 0.024v increments
HT OverVoltage: 1.2v to 1.6v in 0.025v increments
AMD's overclocking has fallen quite a bit in recent years; the Athlon 64 didn't really push the boundaries of speeds and with Phenom's High speed HT3 interconnect, it's more susceptible to noise on the HT link.
To this end, overclocking isn't as good on Phenom based boards when using Phenom processors. We lowered the HT link speed down to 1000MHz from 2000MHz to help increase its stability; however, we only managed to hit 283MHz FSB with this board and this required tweaks to all the voltages and buses.
Important Editor Note: Our maximum overclocking result is the best result we managed in our limited time of testing the motherboard. Due to time constraints we weren't able to tweak the motherboard to the absolute maximum and find the highest possible FSB, as this could take days to find properly. We do however spend at least a few hours overclocking every motherboard to try and find the highest possible overclock in that time frame. You may or may not be able to overclock higher if you spend more time tweaking, or as new BIOS updates are released. "Burn-in" time might also come into play if you believe in that.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Microsoft isn't supportive of Japanese games, says NIS
- Over 322,000 cheaters have been caught in Battlegrounds
- BIOSTAR reveal their flagship RACING Z370GT7 motherboard
- Logitech release the ASTRO A20 Wireless Headset
- SK politician talks PUBG success, holds golden pan
- GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS Gaming 7 Motherboard Review
- AORUS X9 (Kaby Lake) Gaming Laptop Review
- ASUS ROG Strix Vega 64 Unboxed: The First Custom RX Vega
- Replacement AC adapter for RT-AC88U
- Can't disable CPU SPECTRUM on a Z97-D3H
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard
- ASRock announces X299E-ITX/ac, world's first mini-ITX LGA2066 motherboard
- Noctua introduces chromax line fans, cables and heat sink covers
- G.SKILL Releases Fastest 32GB (4x8GB) Trident Z RGB Memory Kit at DDR4-4266MHz