While BIOSTAR has been a name we have heard a bit of in the motherboard industry, we haven't had too many of their products cross our labs. So far we have only had one other board, which didn't really impress us too much to be honest. This was not a board aimed for enthusiasts and needed a few design changes to really get us excited.
BIOSTAR has been in the background for a while, but the company seems to be aiming towards pushing into the mainstream market and competing with the big names for recognition.
BIOSTAR has a range of Intel and AMD boards catering to budget to mainstream users and today we have been sent a mid-range AMD motherboard designed for the Phenom range of processors, this based on the NVIDIA nForce 750a chipset. Let's see how the 750a compares to the AMD 780G.
Last updated: Apr 7, 2020 at 12:27 pm CDT
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.co.uk
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com.au
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.ca
Deutschland: Finde andere Technik- und Computerprodukte wie dieses auf Amazon.de
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications]
- Page 3 [The Box and What's Inside]
- Page 4 [Inside the Box - Continued]
- Page 5 [The Motherboard]
- Page 6 [BIOS and Overclocking]
- Page 7 [Test System Setup and Memory Performance]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - PCMark Vantage]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - SYSmark 2007 Preview]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Adobe Premiere Elements 4.0]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - 3DMark Vantage]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Crysis]
- Page 13 [Power Usage and Heat Tests]
- Page 14 [Final Thoughts]