Goes Up To 11
Typing up this review, I would say that the Samsung S3 performs fantastically as an MP3 player with plenty of format support and the hardware to please the audiophiles. No matter what choice of headphones you use, I can imagine you will not be disappointed with the sound quality of this unit.
The system overall is easy to use and despite the weirdness of the touch sensitive surface, I give it a lot of credit because it just works; something of a rarity as companies try to go for a lot of fancy input methods with some that work well and others can fall flat on their face. With a simple touch interface like this, it just works and there is no ambiguity about pressing the right button.
Room for improvement through some haptic feedback would be appreciated; with a button you get a physical click, making a surface do that is harder, granted, but adding a small vibration motor could make the device much more fun and easier to use.
I'm also surprised at the lack of Bluetooth in many players on the market. As Bluetooth itself becomes cheaper, I cannot see a reason why it shouldn't be bundled into mid-end units. This would open up a whole new market for wireless headphones and for the manufacturers to make even more money out of us (Yes, I support blatant capitalism).
Overall, I would say that this player is a perfect light weight alternative to many similar products on the market such as the iPod and Creative offerings. To top it off, it's very competitively priced too!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Blizzard announces full Overwatch League teams
- NieR: Automata shipped and sold over 2 million copies
- New Red Dead Redemption 2 updates coming next week
- Vivendi may take over Ubisoft in November
- AMD Radeon RX Vega 32, RX Vega 28 rumored to be coming
- Upgrading USB ports on top of case
- Areca ARC-8050T3 12-Bay Thunderbolt 3 RAID DAS Review
- GA-P67A-UD3P-B3 can't change multiplier past 38, can't change turbo ratio with i5 3570k
- TP-Link Archer C3150 Dual-Band Wireless Router Review
- Using Netgear wndr3700 as router extender problem
- AOC announces retail availability of AGON curved QHD gaming monitor
- Seasonic presents the PRIME Ultra power supplies
- EVGA announces GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 ELITE video card
- G.Skill releases AMD Ryzen-optimized Trident Z RGB DDR4 memory
- Hear the difference feel the beat of the DRUM