Goes Up To 11
Typing up this review, I would say that the Samsung S3 performs fantastically as an MP3 player with plenty of format support and the hardware to please the audiophiles. No matter what choice of headphones you use, I can imagine you will not be disappointed with the sound quality of this unit.
The system overall is easy to use and despite the weirdness of the touch sensitive surface, I give it a lot of credit because it just works; something of a rarity as companies try to go for a lot of fancy input methods with some that work well and others can fall flat on their face. With a simple touch interface like this, it just works and there is no ambiguity about pressing the right button.
Room for improvement through some haptic feedback would be appreciated; with a button you get a physical click, making a surface do that is harder, granted, but adding a small vibration motor could make the device much more fun and easier to use.
I'm also surprised at the lack of Bluetooth in many players on the market. As Bluetooth itself becomes cheaper, I cannot see a reason why it shouldn't be bundled into mid-end units. This would open up a whole new market for wireless headphones and for the manufacturers to make even more money out of us (Yes, I support blatant capitalism).
Overall, I would say that this player is a perfect light weight alternative to many similar products on the market such as the iPod and Creative offerings. To top it off, it's very competitively priced too!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Psyonix introduces new cosmetic Rocket Pass system
- Steam gives option to view user accounts 'total spendings'
- Sony launch PlayStation Hits, amazing titles for only $20
- Former Sony boss says cross-play block is 'money' related
- Kingdom Hearts III story re-explained by series of videos
- Asus X401A Laptop will not boot despite several replaced components -- Second attempt
- DDR4-3400 - Ryzen 7 1800x & Ryzen 7 2700x - X370 & X470
- LaCie DJI Co-Pilot 2TB Review
- Dumb question regarding moderator approval
- ASUS ProArt PA27AC Monitor: The Best Workstation Monitor?!
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit