Pulling the card out of the box, we can see the red PCB that we've become quite accustomed to seeing from MSI. Sitting on top of the GPU is quite an impressive looking cooler for a mid-range card; with a massive copper base and aluminum fins, the whole cooler feels of the highest quality.
Being a mid-range card there isn't any extra power needed, so the only extra connectors that we see floating around are the two Crossfire connectors located at the top of the card in the event you want to put two of these cards together.
As far as the I/O department goes, we have two Dual Link DVI connectors, but what's interesting is that MSI haven't chosen to include a TV-Out port on the card. While not the end of the world, it was surprising to see it wasn't present.
The MSI card carries with it stock clocks which puts the core at 750MHz and the 512MB of GDDR3 memory at 2000MHz. With that all said and done, let's have a quick look at our test bed and get stuck into the testing.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Package]
- Page 3 [The Card]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup and 3DMark06]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - 3DMark Vantage]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - PT Boats: Knights of the Sea]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - CINEBENCH R10]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - World in Conflict]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Crysis]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Unreal Tournament 3]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - 3DMark06 - XP]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - CINEBENCH R10 - XP]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - World in Conflict - XP]
- Page 15 [Benchmarks - Unreal Tournament 3 - XP]
- Page 16 [Temperature & Sound Tests]
- Page 17 [Power Consumption Tests]
- Page 18 [Final Thoughts]