Moving onto the BIOS, J&W's greeting screen in the BIOS looks identical to the Award layout that ASUS and ASRock use. The blue background tab screen gives us a very familiar feeling, especially if you have played with ASUS boards before.
To find the overclocking settings, you need to navigate to the JUSTwoot! menu; very creative naming. From here you can change quite a few voltage and divider options.
CPU FSB Frequency: 266 - 999 in 1MHz Increments
PCIE Frequency: 100 - 150MHz in 1MHz Increments
CPU Voltage Control: 1.00v to 2.20v in 0.00625v Increments
DIMM Voltage Control: 1.8v to 3.3v in 0.2v increments
NB Voltage Control: 1.2v to 1.6v in 0.075v Increments
CPU VTT Control: 1.087v to 1.482v in Various Increments
CPU PLL Voltage Control: 1.55v to 2.0v in Various Increments
SBCore Voltage Control: 1.150v to 1.350v in 0.1v Increments
SB IO Voltage Control: 1.6v to 1.95v in Various Increments
Ratio and Dividers
MCH GLT Reference: 0.660x to 0.825x in Various Increments
HSWING GLT Reference: 0.250x to 0.336x in Various Increments
CPU GLT Reference: 0.550x to 0.630x in Various Increments
Being unknown to us, we didn't know what to expect when it came to overclocking. And being DDR2 based, we weren't expecting mind blowing scores. However, J&W's board does provide quite a bit of voltage leeway and with GTL reference dividers, we were able to press a healthy 526MHz out of the board. But it did take a bit to get this stable with ratio adjustments being done all over the place. It seems as if this is the wall for the J&W board. Possibly with a new BIOS we might see improvements, however it's more design than features that would be stopping this.
In all, though, 526MHz is a good result for a DDR2 based board and when we consider that X48s don't clock as well as P45, we start to see that J&W did a good job on its X48 series.
Important Editor Note: Our maximum overclocking result is the best result we managed in our limited time of testing the motherboard. Due to time constraints we weren't able to tweak the motherboard to the absolute maximum and find the highest possible FSB, as this could take days to find properly. We do however spend at least a few hours overclocking every motherboard to try and find the highest possible overclock in that time frame. You may or may not be able to overclock higher if you spend more time tweaking, or as new BIOS updates are released. "Burn-in" time might also come into play if you believe in that.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications]
- Page 3 [The Box and What's Inside]
- Page 4 [The Motherboard]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Overclocking]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup and Memory Performance]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - PCMark Vantage]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - SYSmark 2007 Preview]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Adobe Premiere Elements 4.0]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - 3DMark Vantage]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Crysis]
- Page 12 [Power Usage and Heat Tests]
- Page 13 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Fortnite earns $2.4 billion in 2018, tops free-to-play chart
- Free-to-play made 80% of 2018 digital game revenues
- IO Interactive opens Swedish studio to work on new franchise
- New Dragon Ball Z action RPG in development
- Resident Evil 2 Remake demo impressions
- HP EX950 SSD Review - When you want the fastest
- Pcie M.2 NVMe (1100mb/s as storage, 400mb/s in os)
- DC: Aquaman Cinema Review
- ADATA SX8200 Pro 256GB NVMe SSD Review
- Problem with RAM Overclock
- Nokia's Service Operations Center powers Telefonica UK's drive towards customer-centric operations
- Black Desert Online's Battle Royale mode enters Early Access today
- Roblox hires British online safety expert Laura Higgins to lead new digital civility initiative
- HyperX Announces 2019 We're All Gamers Ad Campaign Including Celebrity Influencers Post Malone, Gordon Hayward, Joel Embiid, JuJu Smith-Schuster, Pokimane, Shroud, Daigo, De'Aaron Fox and Rush
- Macrotis: A Mother's Journey Releases this upcoming February 8th!