J&W truly surprised us by jumping straight into the X48 platform. And to be honest, the performance was extremely impressive. While it doesn't seem that way when you look at the scores, there are a few things to consider. First off, compared to P45, the X48 is the first gen 4 series chipset from which the P45 has since evolved. P45 contains the same DDR2 and DDR3 memory controllers, but with a few features disabled. So, X48 and P45 on the memory and CPU fronts should perform identically, making X48 and DDR2 really a waste; only with DDR3 and XMP does it become attractive.
The second major thing is that X48 has a better Crossfire setup, allowing for CrossfireX where P45 doesn't. This is the big aim for the J&W board, aiming at high-end users wanting extreme performance and to do that you need a good board (which we think the J&W offering is) along with solid components like a Core 2 Quad or high-end 45nm Core 2 Duo and two GPUs to really take full advantage.
On the whole, the board impressed us. However, the lack of information on the box and complete absence of artwork really left us with a feeling of an OEM look with extreme performance. Maybe splash some more colour on the next line-up of packages J&W, this would be better.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications]
- Page 3 [The Box and What's Inside]
- Page 4 [The Motherboard]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Overclocking]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup and Memory Performance]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - PCMark Vantage]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - SYSmark 2007 Preview]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Adobe Premiere Elements 4.0]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - 3DMark Vantage]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Crysis]
- Page 12 [Power Usage and Heat Tests]
- Page 13 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Battlefield 1's Operation Campaigns are now FREE
- LG's G7 development halted, LG starting over from scratch
- Super Meat Boy is a success on Switch
- Final Fantasy XV on PC will support mods
- Final Fantasy XV PC specs, release date announced
- Which one is Best laptop in my Budget
- ASRock Z97E-ITX/ac LGA 1150 major problems starting screen flickers > Freezes up win 10
- Phison E8 512GB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Preview
- Bios Gigabyte Z170X-Gaming test 8700K
- Which chip Is my main bios chip ( Gigabyte P17F Notebook )
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series