TweakTown uses a different method for testing CPU heatsinks which allows for an even playing field across all product tests. We feel that by using the same ambient temperature and strict lab-like testing procedures we are able to accurately compare one product to another. More information on our testing procedure can be found in the T.E.C.C. article here.
The Arctic Cooling Freezer XTREME ran parallel with the most recent coolers to pass through the lab. The cooler is able to dissipate up to 160 watts of CPU cooling power, a number I saw a lot of this past week. I think a company is getting ready to launch a new flagship processor and this number will come up quite a bit over the next month. The AC Freezer XTREME is a large cooler that is able to keep the processor right at 15 degrees above ambient.
As you can see, the Arctic Cooling Freezer XTREME is a quiet cooler. Since it pushes and pulls air through the fins, the fan does not have to run at high RPMs to do the job. Some of the other coolers that perform at the same level give off a higher SPL reading at full load. The idle speed of the fan is completely silent, more than a few people will be taking a look inside their case just to be sure the fan is even running, that is how quiet it is.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [The Arctic Cooling Freezer XTREME]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- GIVEAWAY: IN WIN 101 Mid-Tower Case and Polaris RGB Fan Pack
- North Korea hijacking cryptocurrency industry workers
- Ataribox pre-orders on hold, team needs more time
- Win a 'Simpsons: Season 18' DVD for Christmas!
- CS:GO's new Survival mode sounds like Battlegrounds
- IN WIN POLARIS Silent RGB PWM Case Fan Review
- IN WIN 101 Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- old version of bios for asrock z77 extreme 3
- SAPPHIRE Radeon RX Vega 64 NITRO Review: 3 x 8-pin PCIe?!
- Patriot Viper V570 Blackout Gaming Mouse Review
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series