With the package and its content done, it's time to check out the card itself. Pulling it out of the box, it looks like a new cooler. However, if you look at it a bit more carefully you'll notice it's the same cooler as the HD 4850 one with a slightly different cover on it. We can see in the middle of the card over the core we have a fan and under that we have some aluminum fins and a copper base.
Looking at the top we can also see two copper pipes coming out which help get the hot air away from the core. We can also see that Gainward has put a bit of colour onto the cover along with adding their logo to it.
Taking a peek around the card, we find our normal line-up of connectors. Towards the back of the card sitting at the top we have two 6-pin PCI Express power connectors and to the right of that we have the connector for the audio cable. Located down the front we have two SLI connectors that give us the chance to run up to three of these cards together.
In the I/O department we have two Dual Link DVI connectors along with a single TV-Out port. Being a double slot card we also have an exhaust spot sitting across the top that lets the hot air escape.
While the card isn't part of the Golden Sample series, they have still managed to give the core a slight bump, moving it to 745MHz while the 512MB of GDDR3 memory carries a clock of 2200MHz DDR.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Package]
- Page 3 [The Card]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup and 3DMark06]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - 3DMark Vantage]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - PT Boats: Knights of the Sea]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - CINEBENCH R10]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - World in Conflict]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Crysis]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Unreal Tournament 3]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - 3DMark06 - XP]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - CINEBENCH R10 - XP]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - World in Conflict - XP]
- Page 15 [Benchmarks - Unreal Tournament 3 - XP]
- Page 16 [Temperature & Sound Tests]
- Page 17 [Power Consumption Tests]
- Page 18 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Intellivision's new $150 console has online store, new games
- Steam grows to 90 million monthly active users
- Intel M.2 Optane SSD 905P Appears On Newegg
- Soulcalibur VI physical sales crater, the rise of digital
- Dynasty Warriors 9 online and local co-op update/demo Nov 1
- Samsung Bar Plus 256GB Flash Drive Review
- Buffalo Linkstation 520 2-Bay NAS Review
- How To Find Out Motherboard?
- I'm in a gaming rut please help.
- GIGABYTE Z390 Aorus Master (Intel Z390) Motherboard Review
- Palit introduces the reinvented GeForce RTX 2070 Dual
- Cooler Master Unveils the C700P Carbon
- EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 - Now Available for Order
- SP Launches New Pocket-Sized Power Banks
- Tesla vs Lovecraft Pre-Orders Start on iOS - Release date is 25th Oct