Pulling the card out of the box, you can see it's a cooler that we haven't had a chance to look at before. In the middle sits a fan and underneath that we can see the aluminum fins along with the copper heatsink.
We can see the G logo on the front of the card towards the top right corner, but apart from that there isn't a whole lot going on with the cooler. Poking out of the top we can see two copper heat pipes that help move the heat away from the core.
Looking around the card, instead of the standard 6-pin PCI Express connector that we would normally find on a HD 4850, we find that just like Palits own brand, Gainward have opted to use an 8-pin connector. Fortunately they've been kind enough to include a convertor in the package, which is great in the event you don't have one available on your power supply.
Towards the front we have the two Crossfire connectors that we're used to seeing which gives you the ability to run up to three of these cards together.
The I/O side of things doesn't hold any surprises. Apart from the exhaust point at the top of the card we have a single TV Out connector located between two Dual-Link DVI connectors.
Being part of the Golden Samples series, the card does of course come overclocked out of the box. Gainward have increased the core from a boring 625MHz to an extremely healthy 700MHz. With 512MB of .8ns GDDR3 memory on hand, the stock memory clock has also been increased from 1986MHz DDR to 2200MHz DDR.
With the package and card looked at, let's see just what kind of increase this massive overclock offers us when compared to a stock HD 4850.
Last updated: Nov 15, 2019 at 01:16 pm CST
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.co.uk
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com.au
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.ca
Deutschland: Finde andere Technik- und Computerprodukte wie dieses auf Amazon.de
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Package]
- Page 3 [The Card]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup and 3DMark06]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - 3DMark Vantage]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - PT Boats: Knights of the Sea]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - CINEBENCH R10]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - World in Conflict]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Crysis]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Unreal Tournament 3]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - 3DMark06 - XP]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - CINEBENCH R10 - XP]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - World in Conflict - XP]
- Page 15 [Benchmarks - Unreal Tournament 3 - XP]
- Page 16 [Temperature & Sound Tests]
- Page 17 [Power Consumption Tests]
- Page 18 [Final Thoughts]