Once everything is said and done, the Hiper Type R II 880 performs very well under pressure. Even with a couple of power hungry video boards sucking power for all their worth, this model did a very good job of not only providing enough power, but also doing so with next to no fluctuations in the power levels. This in itself bodes well for a recommendation, but with this product there is also more to consider.
While few power supplies can produce a WOW factor, this Hiper unit does a fair job of providing just this by including a full time powered device recharging port as well as an 8-port USB hub. This is something that you just don't see in your run of the mill PSU. Add to this the active cooling that was very quiet and you have the beginnings of a very worthy contender.
Features are what you would expect in a quality power supply and include +85% Efficiency, Active PFC and ROHS compliance. It also includes a three year warranty. Another consideration is that it is actually manufactured by the label that is pasted to the device, Hiper. Many company's products are produced by one of a few manufacturers, but the Hiper units are made by Hiper. While they do make OEM units where power levels are not their top priority, this model is made to perform well, and it accomplished the task with ease and style.
As far as price is concerned, you can expect to shell out in the realm of $170US. This price point puts it toward the lower half of the spectrum and you will be hard pressed to find a USB port or recharging port on any of the other choices.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Unreal Engine 4 ray tracing tech demo 'Troll' teased at GDC
- NVIDIA: Turing GPUs sold 45% more than Pascal during launch
- Fortnite now has over 250 million registered players
- Carmageddon developer announces ShockRods at GDC 2019
- Xbox will 'go big' with streaming at E3 2019
- Logitech G603 Lightspeed Wireless Gaming Mouse Review
- Aorus master or stutter master?
- Getting SSD to boot
- Seagate Game Drive PS4 2TB Review
- GA-X99-UD5 rev 1.0 power ON issue
- BIOSTAR Launches SoC Motherboard solutions A10N-8800E and A68N-5600 in Philippines
- First Panasonic TOUGHBOOK Rugged Handhelds Certified As Android Enterprise Recommended
- Sharkoon WPM Gold ZERO: Semi-modular power supply with certified energy efficiency
- Accelerating Employee Experience with IoT - Haltian and Tieto Partner to Make Workplaces Empathic
- Killing Floor: Double Feature Coming May 21, 2019 to PlayStation Store and Game Retailers Near You