It doesn't come as any real surprise that the GTX 260 TOP from ASUS performs well when compared to the stock model. Like most high end cards, the gains between the different models aren't really seen until 1920 x 1200 and above. What this means is that if you're using a monitor that outputs only 1680 x 1050 it's really not worth spending the extra on an overclocked card that is going to yield no to very little gains.
While it would be nice if ASUS started including a full version game again, like they did with some of last generations high end models, the added mouse pad and CD wallet are still nice additions. But we wonder if people are going to actually make use of them.
Performance is really what the TOP series of cards are all about, though, and as usual the version we have today does that extremely well. Offering good gains over the stock GTX 260 at higher resolutions makes the card a good option for people who are looking for something a bit better but don't want to break the bank by moving to a more expensive GTX 280.
All in all, there isn't a whole lot to complain about when it comes to the GTX 260 TOP. Sure, it could be a little cheaper, but the higher price tag is really expected from ASUS these days. Throw in the fact that the GTX 260 TOP we have here today is one of the highest clocked GTX 260s and you really can't go wrong.
Last updated: Nov 15, 2019 at 01:16 pm CST
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.co.uk
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com.au
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.ca
Deutschland: Finde andere Technik- und Computerprodukte wie dieses auf Amazon.de
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Package]
- Page 3 [The Card]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup and 3DMark06]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - 3DMark Vantage]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - PT Boats: Knights of the Sea]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - CINEBENCH R10]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - World in Conflict]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Crysis]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Unreal Tournament 3]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - 3DMark06 - XP]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - CINEBENCH R10 - XP]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - World in Conflict - XP]
- Page 15 [Benchmarks - Unreal Tournament 3 - XP]
- Page 16 [Temperature Tests]
- Page 17 [Power Consumption Tests]
- Page 18 [Final Thoughts]