While DDR2 still holds its own in the market place, Intel has already signed DDR2 to the back benches. The only boards that will come from Intel with DDR2 are current and past generation chipsets. None of the new Core i7 series will have any DDR2 support since the memory controller is being moved onto the CPU itself. And with AMDs plans for the AM3+ series soon to poke its head out of the sand, DDR2 is finally coming to a close. This brings on the era of DDR3.
Unfortunately DDR3 still costs more per MB than DDR2, this is due to the higher yields that are needed and the extra technology that has to go into DDR3 to make it work. But when it does, its clock speeds are well beyond anything that DDR2 could ever hope to achieve and we are seeing that now.
Team Groups DDR3-1866 kit, while not reaching the desired speed today, this was mostly due to not having a huge amount of time to tinker with the settings. However, with more tweaking it's sure to manage more. And while only making 1850MHz of its 1866MHz, it's still one of the fastest kits on the market today.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Package and Modules]
- Page 3 [Overclocking]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup and Everest]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Scooby-Doo's 'Shaggy' added to JUMP FORCE roster by modder
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate 'Joker' stage title 'Mementos'
- Guild Wars 2 developers prep for lay-offs and restructuring
- Nintendo Switch could feature Xbox Games Pass by end of 2019
- Did Blizzard just tease the 30th hero for Overwatch?
- Intrusive Ads on Tweaktown
- AxE: Alliance vs Empire preview: MMO mobile chaos
- random shutdown
- Kensington LD5400T Thunderbolt 3 Dock Review
- Compatibility issue P10S-M-DC with i5
- Realms of Arkania - Star Trail available for Xbox One
- Death Mark Coming Soon to Terrify Players on Steam
- The Way Remastered Reaches Top of Nintendo eShop EU Charts
- Batman: Arkham City for macOS updated to 64-bit
- Drop into TERA x PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS Collaboration on March 5