The Xigmatek Red Scorpion S1283
Since I have both versions of the S1283 here, I can tell you that the Red Scorpion version is a little different than the standard black fan variant aside from the LED fan. The RS uses nickel covered heat pipes while the standard are just copper. The coating will keep the pipes free of oxidation and looking fresh for years to come.
Here we get a little better look at the three heat pipes and the 25mm width of the cooler. Better cooling could be achieved with a thicker fin area but would require more pressure for the fan.
Here we see the cooler with the fan installed.
I really like the way Xigmatek mounts their fans to the heat sinks. The rubber attachment keeps the fan isolated from the fins and eliminates any vibration and extra noise.
From the front with the fan installed we see that the cable Xigmatek uses is long enough to connect to any of the motherboards onboard fan headers and is the 4-pin PWM design.
The money shot for the Red Scorpion; here we see the Heat Pipe Direct Touch surface. The surface is ground smooth to the touch, but as you can see, there are some machine marks visible.
From the top we see that the heat pipes favour the fan side of the fins for a little extra cooling efficiency.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [The Xigmatek Red Scorpion S1283]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Intel M.2 Optane SSD 905P Appears On Newegg
- Soulcalibur VI physical sales crater, the rise of digital
- Dynasty Warriors 9 online and local co-op update/demo Nov 1
- CD Projekt RED's Thronebreaker - 'No plans' for Switch debut
- Starlink: Battle for Atlas - 82% of unit sales on Switch
- Samsung Bar Plus 256GB Flash Drive Review
- Buffalo Linkstation 520 2-Bay NAS Review
- How To Find Out Motherboard?
- I'm in a gaming rut please help.
- GIGABYTE Z390 Aorus Master (Intel Z390) Motherboard Review
- Palit introduces the reinvented GeForce RTX 2070 Dual
- Cooler Master Unveils the C700P Carbon
- EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 - Now Available for Order
- SP Launches New Pocket-Sized Power Banks
- Tesla vs Lovecraft Pre-Orders Start on iOS - Release date is 25th Oct