Specifications, Availability and Pricing
Right off the bat, the biggest specification that stands out to me is the fans' RPM rating. With a max of 1500 RPM, the Xigmatek RS S1283 reaches full speed where many fans park their low setting. On paper this will lead a few enthusiasts to believe the cooler is destined for the low power mainstream processors, but that is where Heat-Pipe Direct Touch comes in to spice things up.
HDT is the new buzzword going around thermal engineers and enthusiasts right now. The Red Scorpion S1283 has three heat pipes that follow the traditional path, U shaped, from fin to base and back to fin, but with a twist. Instead of putting a plate between the pipes and the CPU, the bottom plate has been removed. This eliminates a barrier for heat to pass through before being released by the passing air from the fan.
Newegg lists the Red Scorpion S1283 as the HDT-RS1283 and lists the cost as 39.99. We are starting to get a good run going in this price range. ZEROtherm, Nexus, SilenX and several others have released products in this price range in the last couple of months, so the market is getting a little saturated. That said, many companies are looking to get a leg up on the competition and the products being offered are actually now competing with the performance of coolers costing twice the price.
Aside from Newegg, I was able to find Xigmatek products available at many e-tail locations, but the retail side is still pretty slim. As the Xigmatek name grows, more retail outfits are sure to pick up the brand. But like everything else, time will tell the full story.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [The Xigmatek Red Scorpion S1283]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Interactive website plays 50yr Apollo 11 launch in real-time
- 2mm tiny-bots to regenerate your health from the inside out
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate DLC 'Hero' to drop this Summer
- Mars' past climate proves it had enough time to develop life
- Flamethrower drones are real and you can get yours for $1499
- GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Master (AMD X570) Motherboard Review
- closing explorer.exe cause unstable mouse movement
- AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT benchmarked at 3440x1440
- AsRock H370M-ITX and RAID
- Thecus N12000 folder Permissions -
- Phoenix Labs Details Massive 'Fortune & Glory' Content Update For Dauntless, Trials and New Hunt Pass Season Arrive July 16
- Nightmare Reaper is out now in Steam Early Access
- Final Assault Paves the Way for VR Esports at WCG
- WiMi Hologram (WIMI) files for listing on Nasdaq Global Market
- The Intergalactic Bounty Hunt Begins as Futuristic Co-Op Action RPG Killsquad Launches on Steam Early Access