XMP technology is something that has helped Intel start the transition to DDR3. Like EPP, XMP managed to boost the performance of the memory modules, without the end users actually having to overclock, Even for the new users, XMPs overclocking function makes getting the most out of the memory a lot easier.
Kingston's DDR3 modules are extremely fast and while not the cheapest memory on the market, they are the fastest XMP rated modules available. So, if you're one to crave the fastest, these sticks are for you.
Showing that DDR3 has its place is good, as Nehalem (Core i7) will be DDR3 only and P45 is the last Intel chipset to have any DDR2 support. Plus, when AMDs AM3+ CPUs soon make an appearance, DDR2 is heading for the end of the road.
Update: Following this reviews publication, we were informed by Corsair that they have already had an 1800MHz XMP-ready 2GB kit available on the market for a year or so. Not only this, but their modules are rated with a latency of C7 whilst the Kingston modules are C8.
We apologise for not having realised this prior to this reviews uptime but felt it needed to be mentioned not only with respect to Corsair but also for our readers who we like to ensure are never misinformed.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Package and Modules]
- Page 3 [Overclocking]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup and Everest]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Vivo's next smartphone could feature a huge 10GB of RAM
- Ruin the fun in our 'Blockers' Blu-ray giveaway!
- Make a noise for our 'A Quiet Place' Blu-ray giveaway!
- Apple's new external GPU: Radeon Pro 580 with 8GB for $699
- Apple's most expensive new MacBook Pro costs an insane $6700
- ASRock Z370 Extreme4 produces a high-frequency sound
- Thin, Light & Narrow Bezel, MSI GS65 Gaming NB Review
- iStorage diskashur DT2 12TB Review
- Z370 Aorus Gaming 5 rev 1.0
- Qflash ans USB
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit