XMP technology is something that has helped Intel start the transition to DDR3. Like EPP, XMP managed to boost the performance of the memory modules, without the end users actually having to overclock, Even for the new users, XMPs overclocking function makes getting the most out of the memory a lot easier.
Kingston's DDR3 modules are extremely fast and while not the cheapest memory on the market, they are the fastest XMP rated modules available. So, if you're one to crave the fastest, these sticks are for you.
Showing that DDR3 has its place is good, as Nehalem (Core i7) will be DDR3 only and P45 is the last Intel chipset to have any DDR2 support. Plus, when AMDs AM3+ CPUs soon make an appearance, DDR2 is heading for the end of the road.
Update: Following this reviews publication, we were informed by Corsair that they have already had an 1800MHz XMP-ready 2GB kit available on the market for a year or so. Not only this, but their modules are rated with a latency of C7 whilst the Kingston modules are C8.
We apologise for not having realised this prior to this reviews uptime but felt it needed to be mentioned not only with respect to Corsair but also for our readers who we like to ensure are never misinformed.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Package and Modules]
- Page 3 [Overclocking]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup and Everest]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Digital-only Xbox One has 1TB HDD, includes three games
- Epic won't let 'crappy games' on its store
- Steam's library UI is getting a makeover
- Google Stadia's save sharing feature is revolutionary
- Games titan Tencent earns $45 billion in 2018
- Icy Dock flexiDock MB524SP-B Review - 4x 2.5" SATA, 5.25 Bay
- ASUS Prime X-470 Pro very long POST / Windows boot time
- Logitech G603 Lightspeed Wireless Gaming Mouse Review
- Aorus master or stutter master?
- Getting SSD to boot
- LoanCare, a ServiceLink Company, Announces New Chief Information Officer
- Giada Adds AMD Ryzen-Powered DM6 To High-Performance Signage Player Series
- Slay Time - Hack and Slash MMORPG Guardians of Ember Enters Open Beta
- Nokia Commits US$750K to Support the Work of the Internet Engineering Task Force
- The global installed base of airport asset tracking systems will reach 0.4 million units in 2023