XMP technology is something that has helped Intel start the transition to DDR3. Like EPP, XMP managed to boost the performance of the memory modules, without the end users actually having to overclock, Even for the new users, XMPs overclocking function makes getting the most out of the memory a lot easier.
Kingston's DDR3 modules are extremely fast and while not the cheapest memory on the market, they are the fastest XMP rated modules available. So, if you're one to crave the fastest, these sticks are for you.
Showing that DDR3 has its place is good, as Nehalem (Core i7) will be DDR3 only and P45 is the last Intel chipset to have any DDR2 support. Plus, when AMDs AM3+ CPUs soon make an appearance, DDR2 is heading for the end of the road.
Update: Following this reviews publication, we were informed by Corsair that they have already had an 1800MHz XMP-ready 2GB kit available on the market for a year or so. Not only this, but their modules are rated with a latency of C7 whilst the Kingston modules are C8.
We apologise for not having realised this prior to this reviews uptime but felt it needed to be mentioned not only with respect to Corsair but also for our readers who we like to ensure are never misinformed.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Package and Modules]
- Page 3 [Overclocking]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup and Everest]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Microsoft wants you to 'feel true power' with Xbox One X
- Fiber optic cables double as early earthquake detectors
- Surface Pro LTE delayed until at least Spring 2018
- NeoGAF goes down, owner embroiled in sexual harrassment
- ASUS ROG Strix GTX 1070 Ti teased with triple-fan cooler
- Gigabyte AB-350 G3 CPU LED & No POST after update ->rollback?
- AMD Threadripper vs. Intel Core i9 CPUs Clock for Clock
- ex58-UD3R rev 1.6
- RAID on a new X370 Fatal1ty Gaming X with m.2 SSDs using a PCIe card.
- LGA-775 GA-EP35-DS3P (rev 2.1), Q9550 e0 overclocking advice please?
- Introducing the CYBERPOWERPC Crystal Gaming Series Powered By CORSAIR
- COLORFUL Officially Releases iGame Z370 Vulcan X Motherboard in South Korea
- G.SKILL Releases DDR4-3800MHz 32GB (4x8GB) SO-DIMM Memory Kit for Mini-ITX Motherboards
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard