XMP technology is something that has helped Intel start the transition to DDR3. Like EPP, XMP managed to boost the performance of the memory modules, without the end users actually having to overclock, Even for the new users, XMPs overclocking function makes getting the most out of the memory a lot easier.
Kingston's DDR3 modules are extremely fast and while not the cheapest memory on the market, they are the fastest XMP rated modules available. So, if you're one to crave the fastest, these sticks are for you.
Showing that DDR3 has its place is good, as Nehalem (Core i7) will be DDR3 only and P45 is the last Intel chipset to have any DDR2 support. Plus, when AMDs AM3+ CPUs soon make an appearance, DDR2 is heading for the end of the road.
Update: Following this reviews publication, we were informed by Corsair that they have already had an 1800MHz XMP-ready 2GB kit available on the market for a year or so. Not only this, but their modules are rated with a latency of C7 whilst the Kingston modules are C8.
We apologise for not having realised this prior to this reviews uptime but felt it needed to be mentioned not only with respect to Corsair but also for our readers who we like to ensure are never misinformed.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Package and Modules]
- Page 3 [Overclocking]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup and Everest]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Gears 5's direct cosmetic monetization isn't 'ahead of the industry'
- Stan Lee's daughter blasts Disney for disrespecting father's legacy
- Denuvo DRM is coming to mobile phone games
- Capcom preps you for Iceborne with this helpful infographic
- Ubisoft to invest in new IPs and ramp up game dev teams
- TRENDnet USB-C 2.5Gbe Network Adapter Review
- Mushkin Pilot-E NVMe M.2 SSD Review
- Team Group T-Force Cardea Liquid M.2 SSD Review
- Synology DS620slim Six-Bay SFF NAS Review
- LaCie Rugged RAID Shuttle Review
- FSP Unveils FlexGURU 250W and 300W Modular Power Supplies New PSUs are perfect for IPC, NAS, HTPC and edge computing
- Gameforge Opens Pre-Orders and Announces November Release for the Highly Anticipated Kingdom Under Fire 2
- Philips Brings Precision Computer Peripherals to US
- KORN Battle Concert is Now Live in AdventureQuest 3D!
- NEC: Industrial Internet Consortium Approves Testbed of Negotiation Automation Platform for coordinating interests among AI systems