A problem I encountered with browsing images stored on my miniSD card was that sometimes the phone would stall while accessing and producing thumbnails for the images. This can be solved again with a firmware upgrade, implementing tighter coding for the processor in the phone.
There is a resolution limit on the images on the phone, too. It refuses to open images that are too big, which on one hand is sensible but no where does it say what the limit of the image sizes should be, so it's trial and error to find out.
Reading other reviews of the phone, they mention that it feels very plasticy and very light. I can say this is true; the phone is very light for its size compared with the myriad of models out there now being made from steel and aluminium. But plastic maintains a better ability to absorb shocks; steel and aluminium may be more durable and less likely to crack, but they are stiffer and will deliver most of the shock to the internal components, making them likely to break.
The camera is a respectable 3-MPixel with a flash, not much to say about it other than checking out the clickable sample photos below. Camera access is done either by menu navigation of more sensibly by side button access. Flip the phone on its side and press the button and snap away like you have a camera in your hands.
As a final note, I will say the battery life on this phone is great. I got well over a week on a single charge and that's with playing with menus and music all the while.
One suggestion I can make, though, is to lose the scroll wheel on the front. A d-pad will suffice while the scroll does nothing for the phones usability.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Zombieland 2 confirmed, all actors/writers return for sequel
- AORUS announces its first PSUs, RGB is missing... for now
- Ferrari designer building $2 million electric hypercar
- Opera is the first browser with a built-in crypto wallet
- Samsung announces 8Gb LPDDR5, ready for the world of 5G/AI
- ASRock Phantom Gaming Radeon RX 550 - can it run silent?
- Unlock Outlook PST Recovery Tool
- ASRock Z370 Extreme4 produces a high-frequency sound
- Thin, Light & Narrow Bezel, MSI GS65 Gaming NB Review
- iStorage diskashur DT2 12TB Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit