First off, we have a look at the package that the modules come shipped in. Chaintech has gone for a red and black colour scheme for the casing, which is a split-apart blister pack held together with staples, making it easy to remove the modules from the kit without slicing your hands open. Chaintech allows the modules to be shown through the front, negating the need for any pictures on the back.
Removing the modules from the blister, we get the sense that Chaintech follows another memory manufacturer in their style and design. Looking at the modules on the desk, we get the feeling inspiration was from Corsairs DHX series of modules. The large heatspreader with fins at the top looks almost identical to our recient Dominator memory that was tested. Only the heatsink colour is different and whether or not the same PCB cooling is used or not remains to be seen, as we couldn't remove the heatsink. However, the design certainly looks the goods.
On one side of each of the modules is the production sticker that gives details on the memory specs. The kit we were supplied with was a DDR2 dual channel kit with 2x2GB (4GB total) memory that is rated for 1150MHz with a timing profile of 5-5-5-15, using 2.1v to achieve this.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Package and Modules]
- Page 3 [Overclocking]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup and Everest]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Scooby-Doo's 'Shaggy' added to JUMP FORCE roster by modder
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate 'Joker' stage title 'Mementos'
- Guild Wars 2 developers prep for lay-offs and restructuring
- Nintendo Switch could feature Xbox Games Pass by end of 2019
- Did Blizzard just tease the 30th hero for Overwatch?
- MSI GeForce GTX 1660 Ti GAMING X & VENTUS XS Review
- Intrusive Ads on Tweaktown
- AxE: Alliance vs Empire preview: MMO mobile chaos
- random shutdown
- Kensington LD5400T Thunderbolt 3 Dock Review
- Realms of Arkania - Star Trail available for Xbox One
- Death Mark Coming Soon to Terrify Players on Steam
- The Way Remastered Reaches Top of Nintendo eShop EU Charts
- Batman: Arkham City for macOS updated to 64-bit
- Drop into TERA x PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS Collaboration on March 5