The ZOTAC 9500 GT ZONE Edition is a great card for people wanting to stick something in their home theater PC that isn't going to make a single dB of noise. The HDMI adapter, while not as attractive as a native port is still extremely handy and the included cable to get sound through the convertor is also extremely handy.
Performance is as you would expect; it's not great, but it's cheap. Since you're really not going to get any more performance out of the card bar a bit of overclocking, companies have to do other things to make it stand out from the competition.
The good news is we think that ZOTAC have managed to do this by not only including the necessary convertors to make it a good HTPC card, but also by strapping a cooler on it that doesn't make any noise. The good news is adding the silent cooler doesn't turn around and give us unreasonable temperatures. At load we're at just over 50c which is fine and this is excellent news when installing the card into a HTPC.
All in all, ZOTAC have done a pretty good job with the 9500 GT. There's really only so much you can do with a low-end card and we think that ZOTAC have done the right things to make it stand out from the competition. A native HDMI port would have been perfect, but the route they've gone is almost just as good.
This card is going to be more attractive to some people over the Point of View which offered a native HDMI port, for the simple reason that you've got a silent cooler attached to it.
Last updated: Apr 7, 2020 at 12:27 pm CDT
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.co.uk
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com.au
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.ca
Deutschland: Finde andere Technik- und Computerprodukte wie dieses auf Amazon.de
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Package]
- Page 3 [The Card]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup and 3DMark06]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - 3DMark Vantage]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - PT Boats: Knights of the Sea]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - CINEBENCH R10]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - World in Conflict]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Crysis]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Unreal Tournament 3]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - 3DMark06 - XP]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - CINEBENCH R10 - XP]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - World in Conflict - XP]
- Page 15 [Benchmarks - Unreal Tournament 3 - XP]
- Page 16 [Temperature Tests]
- Page 17 [Power Consumption Tests]
- Page 18 [Final Thoughts]