GIGABYTE continues to use the same Award version 6 blue BIOS screen. However, things look a little different. Usually the M.I.T menu that houses all the overclocking features is on the right hand edge of the screen. This time, as soon as you boot into the BIOS your first option is the M.I.T menu.
Also, GIGABYTE usually hides certain features from end users and requires you to press CRTL + F1 to gain access to them. No longer is that the case with this board.
CPU Host Frequency: 100 - 1200 in 1MHz Increments
PCIE Frequency: 90 - 150MHz in 1MHz Increments
CPU VCore: 0.50v to 2.3v in 0.00625v increments
CPU Termination Voltage: 0.8v to 1.94v in Various Increments
CPU PLL Voltage: 1.1v to 2.8v in 0.02v increments
CPU Reference: 0.440v to 1.0v in Various Increments
CPU Reference2: 0.440v to 1.0v in Various Increments
MCH Core: 0.8v to 1.8v in 0.1v increments
MCH Reference: 0.5v to 1.45v in 0.05v Increments
MCH/DRAM Reference: 0.49v to 1.75v in Various Increments
ICH I/O: 1.0v to 2.3v in 0.05v Increments
ICH Core: 0.8v to 1.8v in 0.1v increments
DRAM Voltage: 1.8v to 3.0v in 0.02v Increments
DRAM Termination: 0.62v to 1.35v in Various Increments
Channel A Reference: 0.49v to 1.75v in Various Increments
Channel B Reference: 0.49v to 1.75v in Various Increments
Ratio and Dividers
(G)MCH Frequency Latch: 200-266-333-400
When it comes to overclocking DDR2 based boards, it gets a little tricky getting extra bus speed as we can't lower the ratios below 1:1. Thus, hitting the high 500MHz level means we are pressing the memory close to 1200MHz. However, we did manage an extremely good overclock when it came to our P5Q and we thought this was going to be it, but GIGABYTE managed to hit 571MHz by tweaking all of the voltage options a bit. With more time and patience we could possibly get more and with better RAM and cooling, even more again.
Important Editor Note: Our maximum overclocking result is the best result we managed in our limited time of testing the motherboard. Due to time constraints we weren't able to tweak the motherboard to the absolute maximum and find the highest possible FSB, as this could take days to find properly. We do however spend at least a few hours overclocking every motherboard to try and find the highest possible overclock in that time frame. You may or may not be able to overclock higher if you spend more time tweaking, or as new BIOS updates are released. "Burn-in" time might also come into play if you believe in that.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications]
- Page 3 [The Motherboard]
- Page 4 [The Motherboard - Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Overclocking]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup and Memory Performance]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - PCMark Vantage]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - SYSmark 2007 Preview]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Adobe Premiere Elements 4.0]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - 3DMark Vantage]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Crysis]
- Page 12 [Power Usage and Heat Tests]
- Page 13 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- PS4 exclusive Days Gone delayed to April 2019
- Thronebreaker gameplay shows blend of RPG and CCG
- Path of Exile coming to PS4, ratings listing suggests
- Red Dead Redemption 2 listed for PC
- AMD's new Radeon RX 590 teased with ASUS ROG STRIX card
- Intel Core i9-9900K 9th Gen Coffee Lake Review
- x79 compatibility with NVNe
- ASRock X399M Taichi Stuck on Splash Screen
- HP EX920 SSD Review - Mainstream Perfection
- SIV Smart Fan 5 on X399 platforms ... a mess.
- OnDeck Launches ODX for Banks
- Adobe Announces Next Generation of Creative Cloud at MAX 2018
- Sharkoon PURE STEEL: Minimalist PC Case for High-End Hardware
- Xara Designer Pro X v16 has been released
- Endless Road: Indie roguelite card game now on Steam