When it comes to features in a power supply, many folks want something that is modular in design. Of course, these units normally have the primary and supplemental power cables hard-wired into the internals. The Topower PowerBird 1100 features something a little different in that they have made everything modular. While I was a little concerned at the beginning of my testing, there were no problems at all and the power was plentiful and true. This is a feature that I could get used to.
Cabling was also abundant and cable length was adequate for a vast majority of enclosures being used. Unless you are making use of one of the mondo full tower monsters that are around, you should have no problems at all with the standard cabling that comes with this PSU.
Aesthetically, the PowerBird 1100 is pleasing to the eye, especially for those using a windowed case. The chrome looking exterior has a very nice sheen and will set off your system components nicely. Also of note is the lack of any lighting, so if you already have some lighting effects in your box, you will not have to worry about any color clashes.
As far as pricing is concerned, this unit has a MSRP of $299.99US but can be found online for about $289. For a power supply at this power range and with this set of features, the PowerBird 1100 falls close to the bottom of the price range. This gives us a lot of power for less than many similarly featured power supplies. Very nice.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Latest Red Dead Redemption 2 patch downscales PS4 graphics
- System Shock 3 devs leave Starbreeze, game is 'halfway' done
- Valve release Dota 2 betting app feature 'Dota Plus'
- China hit Space industry milestone by launching 300th rocket
- New Octopath traveler game confirmed to be in development
- GA-Z68X-UD5-B3 (VT-D Support)
- ASUS Zenith Extreme Alpha (AMD X399) Motherboard Review
- here at personate in a apologetic irregardless by recognition
- foreign wish over wit at diggings in the incite
- Project Downfall - a retro-style, cyberpunk, reflex-based shooter now available on Early Access & coming to Xbox One & Switch. Preview copies await!
- Adventure Is Around Every Corner In One Piece World Seeker
- Ancestors Legacy is now available on GOG with Cross-play integration
- Buckle Up, Buttercup: Skybound And NMC Studios' Vehicular Battle Royale Game notmycar hits Steam Early Access April 5th
- Haggle Your Way to Riches in Bargain Hunter for Nintendo Switch