I've never had the chance to look at a graphics card from Point of View before, but now is as good a time as any to start. When word came through that the first card the company would ever be sending to me would be the 9500 GT, I felt kind of sorry for them. Clearly they didn't read my original review of the 9500 GT from Leadtek.
I made my thoughts pretty clear on the card, offering half the performance of the 9600 GSO but not half the price. This absolutely killed any form of value for money the product offered. Apart from being cheap, there wasn't really much else the card could offer; even if you were extremely tight when it came to the money side of things, we recommended that you simply bite your lip for a few more weeks and save to buy something from the 9600 series.
It wasn't looking good for Point of View come review day, but like everyone, we give them a fair go and see what the card can do. Going in with low expectations is probably the best thing for the card, so let's check out the package and then move on to the actual card.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Package]
- Page 3 [The Card]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup and 3DMark06]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - 3DMark Vantage]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - PT Boats: Knights of the Sea]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - CINEBENCH R10]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - World in Conflict]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Crysis]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Unreal Tournament 3]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - 3DMark06 - XP]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - CINEBENCH R10 - XP]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - World in Conflict - XP]
- Page 15 [Benchmarks - Unreal Tournament 3 - XP]
- Page 16 [Temperature and Sound Tests]
- Page 17 [Power Consumption Tests]
- Page 18 [Final Thoughts]