Passmark Advanced Multi-User Tests
Version and / or Patch Used: 6.1
Developer Homepage: http://www. passmark.com/
Test Homepage: http://www.passmark.com/ >
Many users complain that I/O Meter is too complicated of a benchmark to replicate results so my quest to find an alternative was started. Passmark has added several multi-user tests that measure a hard drives ability to operate in a multi-user environment.
The tests use different settings to mimic basic multi-user operations as they would play out on your server. Variances is read / write percentage as well as random / sequential reads are common in certain applications, Web Servers read nearly 100% of the time while Database Servers write a small amount of data.
The Workstation test is the only single user environment and will be similar to how you use your system at home.
Although we did not compare other enterprise drives in this test, I will in the future put the VelociRaptor against 10K and 15K RPM drives from other manufactures since the Raptor has now grown into a potential low cost alternative to much higher priced SAS drives. It is not that business hasn't already adopted the Raptor Series, but now Western Digital is giving their blessing and calling the 2.5 inch bare version of the drive an enterprise product.
Looking at the tests here, we see that the new VelociRaptor doubles the speed of the Generation 3 Raptor and also beats two Gen 3 drives in RAID 0 on the NVIDIA 680i in most tests.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [The Western Digital VelociRaptor]
- Page 4 [VelociRaptor Compatibility]
- Page 5 [Test System Setup]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - HD Tune Pro - Read]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - HD Tune Pro - Write]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Everest Random Access Time]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - PCMark Vantage Hard Disk Tests]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Passmark]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Epic Games teams with Funko for Fortnite Pop! figurines
- Samsung's next-gen foldable smartphone to launch early 2019
- Microsoft teases 'all-new Xbox hardware' at Gamescom 2018
- TSMC expecting Q4 2018 growth from next-gen GPUs from NVIDIA
- Borderlands 3 may still be a ways off
- Asrock a320m dgs eveything stuttering even cs go drops 15-20 fps
- Biostar X470GTN Gaming (AMD X470) Motherboard Review
- Asrock X399 + Watercooling help needed please
- HyperX Pulsefire Surge RGB Gaming Mouse Review
- ASRock Phantom Gaming Radeon RX 550 - can it run silent?
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit