With the package out of the way, it's time to move onto the card. Upon pulling it out of the box, I have to admit I was surprised not to see the standard gold dual-slot cooler that we're so used to seeing from Palit over the last 12 months.
Instead, we have a black cooler with an aluminum heatsink sitting in the background. In the middle we have a fan and if you look you can see two heat pipes that run up from the center of the cooler and out the top, then down the sides of the heatsink.
What was interesting is when we took the time to take pictures of the card and moved to the power connector area, we find an 8-pin connector present instead of the standard 6-pin PCI Express one that is used on the standard HD 4850. Fortunately, Palit have been kind enough and smart enough to include a convertor in the package, as we saw.
Continuing to look around, we have our two Crossfire connectors across the top of the card which isn't anything out of the ordinary.
The I/O side of things gives us the two Dual-Link DVI connectors as we saw mentioned on the front of the box. In between them we have a TV-Out port. The card is of course a dual-slot one thanks to the larger cooler and the other slot is used as an exhaust to let the hot air escape.
With the card carrying the Sonic naming scheme, like we have already mentioned it does mean it comes overclocked out of the box. The core has moved up from 625MHz to 685MHz while the 512MB of GDDR3 memory comes clocked in at 2000MHz DDR.
Last updated: Apr 7, 2020 at 12:27 pm CDT
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.co.uk
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com.au
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.ca
Deutschland: Finde andere Technik- und Computerprodukte wie dieses auf Amazon.de
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Package]
- Page 3 [The Card]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup and 3DMark06]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - 3DMark Vantage]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - PT Boats: Knights of the Sea]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - CINEBENCH R10]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - World in Conflict]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Crysis]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Unreal Tournament 3]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - 3DMark06 - XP]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - CINEBENCH R10 - XP]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - World in Conflict - XP]
- Page 15 [Benchmarks - Unreal Tournament 3 - XP]
- Page 16 [Temperature and Sound Tests]
- Page 17 [Power Consumption Tests]
- Page 18 [Final Thoughts]