Setup and Installation
Routers are not usually extremely difficult to setup and make operational and this is also the case with setup and installation of the TRENDnet TEW-672GR router.
We noted no difficulties when setting up the TEW-672GR. Do note, though, that TRENDnet has opted to use the default IP range of 192.168.10.x. Normally we see IP ranges of either 192.168.0.x or 192.168.1.x being used, but this won't influence anything and you can always change the IP range in the router web interface, if you feel the need to do so.
Once you've got the router powered on, broadband modem hooked into the WAN port and a PC connected via one of the four LAN ports, go to your browser and type in 192.168.10.1 and you'll get a popup window (as you can see above) asking for the username and password.
By default the username is "Admin" and the password is blank. The first thing you should do when buying any new router is setup a password, so that any nosey neighbour cannot login to your router and wreck havoc.
The router's DHCP server is enabled by default and as you can see above, our test PC was allocated a LAN IP address of 192.168.10.100 on first use. The default DHCP start IP is 192.168.10.100 and the DHCP end IP is 192.168.10.200, of course meaning you could have up to 100 clients connected to the router.
As you can see from the screenshot below, we had no issues connecting to the router at 1000Mbps using regular CAT6 cabling.
Once you are logged in, you are granted access to the web-based interface where all the fun begins.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Take home The Crown in our Blu-ray giveaway!
- Digital-only Xbox One coming in 2019
- Thronebreaker: The Witcher Tales fails at sales expectations
- Sunset Overdrive is coming to PC, available on November 16th
- SMITE Nintendo Switch release planned for November 16th
- Z77-D3H MB and bizzare boot issue
- HyperX Gaming microSD 128GB Review
- FS:[20Pieces] Apple iPhone XR.Xs.Xs Max 64/256/512GB.$8,980
- Vital Progenix
- ASUS PRIME B450M-A/CSM AM4 with AMD RYZEN 5 2600 CPU will only boot Windows after reset
- Kolumno is now available on PC, mobile and Smart TVs
- Wolfalone Studio announces Darwin's Test!
- World's Top PUBG MOBILE Players Head to Dubai For PUBG MOBILE 'STAR CHALLENGE' Global Finals, Tickets On Sale NowWorld's Top PUBG MOBILE Players Head to Dubai For PUBG MOBILE 'STAR CHALLENGE' Global Finals, Tickets On Sale Now
- Nexon Secures Global Publishing Rights For Pokelabo, Square Enix-Developed SinoAlice
- Makeblock Announces Educational Partnership with Gratnells Storage Solutions