Once we move the TEW-672GR router to one side, we are left with the smaller items that are left in the package.
First up, there is a multi-lingual Quick Installation Guide. It basically tells you how to connect your broadband modem up to the TEW-672GR router, how to login to the web-based interface and finally how to setup wireless with security.
Next up, we have the included CD-ROM which includes the more in-depth User Guide, but that is in English only. There is also an included utility providing information about your network.
Moving on, there is a 1.5m (or 4.9 feet) CAT5e cable included. As was the case with the TRENDnet power line kit that we reviewed recently, we would have liked to have seen a CAT6 cable included just for the fact that it is the latest and greatest in Ethernet cabling. On the other hand, chances are if this is your first router, you will use this included CAT5e cable to connect your broadband modem to the 10/100/1000Mbps WAN (Wide Area Network or Internet for new users) port. Unless you are in a country such as Sweden or some others where you can actually subscribe to Gigabit internet connections, it's not going to make any difference in performance at all, since most of us are bound to ADSL2+ 24Mbit speed connections or slower usually.
Finally, we finish up with the AC power adapter where we need to mark down TRENDnet for including an adapter which supports an input of only 120 volts. When I buy any new electrical product, this is the first thing looked at - I want to make sure any product bought will work in any country I visit. TRENDnet should really consider including a slightly more expensive 100 - 240 volt adapter, which will make the router usable in all countries.
If you intend on buying this product and using it in Australia (or many others), you'll be sadly disappointed unless you go out and buy a step converter - and they aren't cheap and are usually bulky and annoying.
Move onto the next page where we get down and dirty with the router.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Intel's new XMM 7660 LTE modem: 1.6Gbps speeds on your phone
- Skyrim on Switch runs at native 900p resolution while docked
- THQ Nordic grabs Biomutant game rights and developer
- EA: Live services are a predictable, evolving business
- Vivendi postpones Ubisoft takeover
- Secretlab OMEGA 2018 gaming chair: the new king is here
- NVIDIA TITAN Xp Star Wars Collector's Edition Unboxed
- Supermicro SuperO C7Z370-CG-L Motherboard Review
- GAMDIAS Hermes E1 Gaming Combo Review
- need advice for replacing 4 washable air filter for my pc-b25s
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series
- ASUS Republic of Gamers Announces Swift PG27VQ